My Inquisitors Acolytes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

My Inquisitors Acolytes

I thought of this a while back, and when I posted something on it, it got negative feed back, granted the point cost per model means I'm not using this set up in a standard game but I just want to check that its legal.

Acolytes can take 15pts of wargear, if my acolyte master crafts something, can he take something a little bit bigger? Like a master crafted psycannon?

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Acolytes can take 15pts of wargear, if my acolyte master crafts something, can he take something a little bit bigger? Like a master crafted psycannon?
    It's not 15pts of wargear, it's 15pts of equipment(so both weapons and wargear). So the master-crafting alone would take up his allowance.

So the answer is no.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

It's not 15pts of wargear, it's 15pts of equipment(so both weapons and wargear). So the master-crafting alone would take up his allowance.

So the answer is no.
    Thank you.

nuts.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I am not sure of that rulling Rork. I thought that I have read somewhere that for example, the 100pts limit for some ICs does nto include mastercrafting... Will try to find that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC, the points that you pay for the master crafting do not count toward your limit.

You can take all the way up to your normal 100, and then mastercraft your power weapon, and still be legal. So you pay 115 but you still only have 100 points in gear.

But I don't have the book jammed in my desk drawer today, so I can't double check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Mastercrafting is listed under Wargear, so I don't know why it wouldn't count towards the armory limit. If you're paying for Mastercrafting, you're essentially adding the MC cost (Y) to the cost of the original item (X). So instead of buying a standard item for X cost, you're paying (X+Y) for a different item that's Mastercrafted. I can't see any circumstance under which this would not count towards the armory limit. I double-checked the DH FAQ, and there's no mention under there either. So unless I missed something in the entry for MC, it counts towards the armory limit.

Now, I'm not even sure this is what the OP was asking. He seemed to be asking if the fact that he was buying the MC (which happens to be the exact number of points that an Acolyte can take from the armory) would allow him to "tack-on" the cost of the original item (which was more than the Acolyte's armory limit to begin with) without violation. Really, he's asking the reverse of what the last few posts were about.

Any way you stack it though, the MC is added to the cost of the original weapon, and it's listed in the Wargear section anyways, so there's no way to sneak around the armory limit.

Sorry =).

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dedsquirrl View Post
    IIRC, the points that you pay for the master crafting do not count toward your limit.

You can take all the way up to your normal 100, and then mastercraft your power weapon, and still be legal. So you pay XXX but you still only have 100 points in gear.

But I don't have the book jammed in my desk drawer today, so I can't double check.
    Almost. *only* the points you pay for master crafting count toward your limit. If you buy a 120pt supermegacannon of shooty doom, and master crafted it for 31.4 points, only the 31.4 points would come out of your wargear allowance and you could still buy 68.6 more points worth of wargear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression it was the other way around:

You can buy a power fist at X pts
    You can Master-Craft it for Y Points
    costing you X + Y pts, but only taking up X pts from your limit.

This is reading from a different Codex, but I assume it's the same throughout all of them...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    Almost. *only* the points you pay for master crafting count toward your limit. If you buy a 120pt supermegacannon of shooty doom, and master crafted it for 31.4 points, only the 31.4 points would come out of your wargear allowance and you could still buy 68.6 more points worth of wargear.
    You are correct, this how the rule reads but I just can't believe it myself.

What a strange rule!

But isn't this ability of "Master Crafting" only available to Terminators and not Acolytes? (Due to its little asterisk shown in the Armoury.)
    And its only Inquisitors and Inquisitor Lords that can take Terminator armour as wargear.
    Last edited by Wicky; March 27th, 2008 at 03:44.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

I think this all stems from the rather silly example you at least used to get, maybe still do, in the MC rules, where they'd use a power weapon, which costs x pts, and MCing also costs x pts, and it said that you only take the x pts from your wargear allowance. Why they couldn't've used a powerfist costing y pts I don't know, but there you go. Anyway, I agree with Affe, that you take the points from MCing out of your 100pt allowance, and add weapons on top of that.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast