Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
A couple of questions having to do with ICs within units during combat resolution and assault...
1. Does the independent character and the unit he has joined take the same morale check when they have lost a combat (1)? Or does the IC take his own and the unit he has joined take one as well (2). The rules state that the character can't leave the unit until the movement phase but also say that he is treated as a separate unit during combat resolution. This leads to my next question...
A Necron Lord joins a unit of warriors. They are assaulted by a unit of Hormagaunts and lose the combat.
(1) One test is taken and failed. Both Necron Lord and the warriors flee together as a unit?
(2) Necron Lord takes morale test and passes and stays in combat. Warriors fail and flee?
2. If the IC and his unit he is within do take only one test together, does this mean that if it is failed the IC and his squad will be cut down together on a sweeping advance? If so, whose initiative is used? The majority?
Using example (1), the gaunts win the initiative roll for sweeping advance. Is the Lord destroyed along with the warriors?
3. Lastly, if a unit containing an IC is assaulted / assaults is it possible to fill all base to base contact positions with basic troops thus preventing the IC from being involved in the combat? This would be useful for say a ... Necron Lord with veil who wants to survive a combat so he can veil his unit out.
Thanks for the help!
Sorry, no BGB on hand for page ref's! :/
Edit: Moob was right, it's majority. I guess it's just really rare the majority isn't also lowest =)
Last edited by InquisitorAffe; April 1st, 2008 at 03:41.
Thanks for the clarification!
it is the down side of joining an IC to a unit
on point 3 there is also a method of attack, eg: from last monday:
Dark eldar combat monster HQ with retinue leaps out of a raider and starts to munch on a Kasrkin squad, this in only going to go one way, my step son is on the imperial side, he moves a SM tac squad and chaplain forwards, and charges into the retinue, being careful to avoid the Archon. net result of round 2 of combat: 3 kasrkin and one marine go down, but the entre retinue with one exception gets splattered, the DE lose combat, they are vastly outnumbered (9 marines, a chaplain and 2 kasrkin vs Archon and retinue - 6:1) and unsurprisingly fail the modified moral check, they run and are caught and run down: net result one dead lethal close combat monster, without fighting him
Everything you have been told is a lie!