Commander Weapons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commander Weapons?

Hi,
    If i give a space marine comander a power weapon AND a power fist, what are the general rules for this in combat? Can i choose which to use each turn, do i gain +1 attack for having two weapons?

Thanks

Winter War Winner with:
    7 Wins
    1 Draw
    0 Losses

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

You gain the attack, but as you say, you have to choose which weapon you're actually using in each round of combat. You can't divide attacks between them.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    You gain the attack, but as you say, you have to choose which weapon you're actually using in each round of combat. You can't divide attacks between them.
    To clarify a bit further, you have to choose what weapon you use each combat not round of combat (i.e. you are charged by Unit X and opt to use the power fist. You must continue using this fist untill you are no longer in combat before being able to use the sword.)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    You must continue using this fist untill you are no longer in combat before being able to use the sword.)
    IIRC that is not true Thomo, you are allowed to choose which weapon you want to fight with in each round of combat. So if your commander charges or is charged, he can fight with the power weapon or powerfist (having to choose one or the other before anything more is done), and next turn, if that enemy is not wiped out he may switch over to the other weapon if you so want him to.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x4)

Really? Where abouts in the rulebook is that? (I'm not saying your wrong, just so I can go check it). The way we always play is that you are stuck with the one particular weapon for the duration of that combat - just like Fantasy (although this could be a tie-over from that).
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Hi,
    As far as I can tell it just says generically only one type of special close combat attack can be used but you have the choice as to which one to use (page 46 BG.

So if you have 'choice' here, logically you can choose a particular attack per player turn as each round of combat starts and finishes with those turns.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    To clarify a bit further, you have to choose what weapon you use each combat not round of combat
    That's warhammer, not 40k.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I didn't even know you COULD do something like that, I think I'd prefer to have a gun in that other hand though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fun comes when you attach a powerfist on a jump-pack chaplain. Now you have a tank and infantry killer when you need to choose. Against T3 models the Crozius will suffice, but against T4+ creatures the powerfist is the way to go.

Also, all that rolling a 6 to hit skimmers doesn't scare you so much (since you always charge them, you can reroll).

I once took out a Monolith with my Chaplain assaulting it, one of the more fun moments I've had hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Firaya View Post
    I once took out a Monolith with my Chaplain assaulting it, one of the more fun moments I've had hehe
    Uh-oh, you shouldn't have said that! Now the RAW thought police are going to haul you away for not using your model's base strength against the Monolith =P.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast