Champions being given special guns? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Champions being given special guns?

Can I give a chaos aspiring champion a meltagun, on the premise that he is one of the squad? I would do this along with giving him the Icon and a powerfist, so he would stay around, and the guns would stay too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

No.

The entry specifically states that one Chaos Space Marine may exchange for a Meltagun.

Once you've upgraded the Chaos Space Marine to an Aspiring Champion, he may no longer be given the options reserved for Chaos Space Marines.

He may still be given an Icon, since that may be given to any model in the squad, with no delineation of Aspiring Champion or Chaos Space Marine.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

exception: Combi weapons.

the champion may be given one of those.

one shot is better than none, right? :happy:

theres also the option of meltabombs for champs.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MVBrandt View Post
    No.

Once you've upgraded the Chaos Space Marine to an Aspiring Champion, he may no longer be given the options reserved for Chaos Space Marines.

He may still be given an Icon, since that may be given to any model in the squad, with no delineation of Aspiring Champion or Chaos Space Marine.
    Where does it actually say that? That he is no longer a chaos space marine, that is.

If so, can my asault marine sergeant no longer have a plasma pistol bought from the squad's equipment option as he's a veteran, not a marine? - No.

Does my imperial guard sargeant, upon getting upgraded to a veteran sergeant stop being a Imperial guardsman? - No.

I think they still are still chaos marines, and still squad members, so unless it says:
    one trooper may be equipped, wheras he can't, (like Tactical Space marines or standard guardsmen)
    and not one squad member - in which case he can. (E.G. the assault marines, or a commisar / psyker attached to a guardsmen squad - yes, that's right give your psyker a flamer)

p.s. He may not be able to take the meltagun depending on the rest of the entry, but some squad leaders can take the special weapons (depending on the codex entry), so i figure this is worth discussing further.
    Please also note it may not be a good idea to equip like that.
    Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; April 26th, 2008 at 00:59.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by stayscrunchyinmilk View Post
    If so, can my asault marine sergeant no longer have a plasma pistol bought from the squad's equipment option as he's a veteran, not a marine? - No.
    Umm, yes? Err, no.. The Sart can't have the pistol! Is what I'm trying to say. This is a fairly universally agreed upon thing as far as I know. Marines are even more clear than chaos as it says something like 'one sart and 4-9 marines' so he is clearly different and cannot have kit designated for the marines. I'll have to check CM when I get home.
    Last edited by InquisitorAffe; April 26th, 2008 at 01:18.

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

It doesn't say "one squad member." That's my point. It says one CHAOS SPACE MARINE or ASPIRING CHAMPION

Chaos Space Marine =/= Aspiring Champion

It's pretty clear-cut.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

In the choas book the aspiring champion in the normal CSM troops squad has his own list of options. So its a clear NO there.

Take a look at the aspiring champion in the chosen entry, he has no list of options to take his weapons from. Perhaps my chosen champions should have lascannons and powerfists!

Dan

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    Umm, yes? Err, no.. The Sart can't have the pistol! Is what I'm trying to say. This is a fairly universally agreed upon thing as far as I know. Marines are even more clear than chaos as it says something like 'one sart and 4-9 marines' so he is clearly different and cannot have kit designated for the marines. I'll have to check CM when I get home.
    Oh dang. I thought as he's still a marine i could. fiddlesticks.
    I actually did give one of my assault marines sargents a flamer and powerfist.
    Poot and dang.
    Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; April 27th, 2008 at 17:35.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87 View Post
    Take a look at the aspiring champion in the chosen entry, he has no list of options to take his weapons from. Perhaps my chosen champions should have lascannons and powerfists!
    Yet the weapon options for Chosen say he can. "Any model..." :party2:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne protect us, we can have lascannon totting, strength 8 chosen! And as he still has the pistol, he keeps the extra attack!

Oh, and on re-reading the 'dex, turns out I cannot give the Asp champ the meltagun. Ah well! I have me some powerfisting, lascannon totting marines!

+ Reply to Thread