Twin Linked Bolters and Storm Bolters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twin Linked Bolters and Storm Bolters

Are theses two weapons for Chaos and Space Marines considered one handed weapons for terminators and chaos terminators?

Hmmm Deathwing...or...Grimmnar's Wolf Guard Termies...I think I'll be depressed rather then Barbaric. Deathwing!
    Dark Angels 2/0/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by nirk42792 View Post
    Are theses two weapons for Chaos and Space Marines considered one handed weapons for terminators and chaos terminators?
    I would say that they are both two handed weapons.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

I think the OP really wants to know if its a "one-handed weapon" for purposes of having two CCWs. In this case the answer would be no.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

The various forms of Bolters are always listed as two-handed weapons in the Wargear sections of Codexs.

Also Terminators are given an extra Attack when compared to Power Armoured marines (CSMs etc). So GW have actually factored in the fact that Terminators can use both hands to fight with. Like a pistol for 'normal' troops, I imagine that Terminators are shooting into close combat with their Bolters.

Also note that Terminators do get their charge bonus, whereas Marines with True Grit don't.

So as 'psichotykwyrm' wrote, if the question really relates to Assaults, Terminators will not get an Additional Weapon bonus during Assaults.

If the question is purely technical, I can't think of an example or Codex which says that Bolters count as one-handed in any context, or for any troop type.

Hope this helps.

Lord Ramon

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

They're two handed in armoury entrys (that i've read), however the new codex's dont have armorys (E.G. Dark angels)
    For the purpouse of how many attacks do i get?? see the individual codexes - for example chaos marines get a bolt pistol* and ccw* and bolter, and from the two*weapons gets a extra attack in melee, and a extra attack when charging.
    Grey knights have true grit however, so get a extra attack in close combat, but not when charging. Even the terminators.
    It is however I feel worth pointing out, that dark angels terminators don't get a extra attack. Where is belials? the deathwing themselves have a veterans stat line, but NO-WHERE in the codex does it actually say they have terminator armour. I've scoured it, twice.
    I'm assuming the new chaos codex is similar (have read it twice but don't own it)

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

381 (x8)

Having TDA has nothing to do with getting an extra attack. Members of Terminator squads have 2 attacks because that's what's on their profile, it's no consequence of their equipment. Even fluffwise, the Terminators all have two attacks because they are all Veterans with Terminator Honors, nothing to do with any fluff about using the Bolter with one hand. A character should have an extra attack if he has Terminator Honors, but not simply for wearing TDA.

(Why it is that chars in CM can buy Terminator Honors as an upgrade is another question. So this guy made it to Company Commander without ever qualifying as a Veteran Sargent?)

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

What I was trying to say is that terminator armour in the newer codexes does not give +1 attack - (by automatically giving terminator honors with the armor, as per codex) - unlike the old codexes that do.

E.G.
    Newer Dark Angel chaplain in terminator armour = 3x attacks. 4x when charging.
    Vanilla marine codex chaplain in Ter Aur = 4x attacks, 5x when charging.

I was trying to say that in response to another post

As i'm digressing away from the original question:
    They're two handed weapons. Or are tradittionally.

It probably doesn't say so in the codex as it doesn't matter:

Without an aurmory in the new codex, (with the standard weaponry limit) it makes no difference whatsoever.
    What matters is:
    If they're a pistol (to be a additional ccw)
    An additional ccw,
    Or really importantly if the codex lets you arm your troops with it.

On the true grit:
    I am very wrong when I said: "even the terminators." D/H Terminators don't get true grit as per their codex.
    Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; April 26th, 2008 at 18:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by nirk42792 View Post
    No, because these weapons are not listed as "pistols". Pistols are the only shooting weapons that add to the CC bonus (as per page 46 of the BGB, special rules weapons aside). If you compare the Boltgun on page 83 of the Chaos codex to the Plasma Pistol on the same page, you'll see that boltgun does not list itself as type "pistol" while the Plasma Pistol does. In other words, just because a model is holding a weapon like a pistol, does not mean that it is a pistol.

EDIT - To answer the storm bolter question directly, on page 22 of the SM Codex Storm Bolter is listed uner the "Two-Handed Weapons" column.
    Last edited by magnet_man; April 27th, 2008 at 02:26.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

But terminators can hold those weapons in the single hand, and even use giant weapons like the reaper autocannon and heavy flamer without any issues so surely a tiny rifle in their hand would cause no problems, the armour itself would help with recoil of the gun as well as aim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsduane View Post
    But terminators can hold those weapons in the single hand, and even use giant weapons like the reaper autocannon and heavy flamer without any issues so surely a tiny rifle in their hand would cause no problems, the armour itself would help with recoil of the gun as well as aim.
    Logic, fluff, and modeling mean very little in the rules. Pistol weapons are the only standard shooting weapon in the BGB that give a CC bonus. As stated above, unless the weapon has "pistol" in its profile it will not contribute towards CC attacks. The rules are quite clear on this.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast