Ravenwing scouting 24"? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ravenwing scouting 24"?

Okay, my friend plays a death/raven wing army. He has devised a strategy of scouting forward with the Ravenwing 24" then guided Deathwing Assault onto the bikes' homers.

It works in the sense that scouts is done before first turn rolling is done, and it allows the scouters a "Free" move. (exact wording)

Deathwing assault comes at start of his first turn, so he can guide them down onto the Ravenwing bikers who have just scouted forward 24".

My question is, since the wording is a "free" move, does this mean he can turbo boost in that "free" move? Also, can he still move for his first turn?

Can he scout 24" without penalty then deepstrike?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

You cannot 'turboboost' in a scout move.

The best you can do is the usual bikes movement of 12" (which is still fairly respectable).

I'm afraid your friend hasn't shown you ALL the 'exact wording' with regards to this - I do not have my DA codex on me (i'm at work), but i'm pretty sure if you look up the ravenwing biker section of the army list, where it explains all their rules, it will say that you cannot use the scout move to turboboost. If its not in that bit, you will definitely find it elsewhere.

Basically, this means his terminators will only be maximum 18" into the table, not 30" (when using a teleport homer, that is ).

As for the other question, yes, he still has all his normal movement options available to him in his first turn - a 'free' move is really just that!
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, it wasn't my friend who had this idea. He forgot the scouts move, then thought he could turboboost in movement, then DS. I then devised the concept for him.

Ah well. I will get him to search it in the codex.

It would still help if someone who does have thier DA 'dex on them to tell me if he can.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

It's on P.27 Codex DA. No TB for Scout Move.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can turboboost in movement and then deepstrike as far as I'm aware. We play it that way at my local club anyways. But you can't turbo in a scout move. no sir.
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.27? Thanks!

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    You can turboboost in movement and then deepstrike as far as I'm aware. We play it that way at my local club anyways. But you can't turbo in a scout move. no sir.

Reserves are done at the start of a turn - long before any movement occurs (such as turboboosting).

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

That's a rather bent way of interpreting the rules IMO, as it's rather unbalanced and gives armies with Teleport homers a rather unfair advantage for the points cost the homer is listed at. Personally I'd get together with the club and review that, because you're IMO bending the rules a fair bit.

Really, you should look at the wording of the Deepstrike rules. It says to roll for the arrival of units as specified under the reserve rolls, then place the unit via the deepstriking method. Reserves are rolled at the start of turn, and deepstriking is resolved directly after that. which doesn't exactly leave a whole lot of space for you to be turbo boosting bikes around...

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okey-dokey, thanks. So much for that idea.

One final question. How should Deathwing assault be used in conjunction with Ravenwing? I would like to know so I can provide my friend with a technique that will ease the pain of loosing a strategy.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

There are probably a half dozen long threads on this if you search. Deep Strikers are placed before any other models move. Otherwise it's on the DW player to convince us that moving around the rest of your army into a more advantageous position to suit yourself doesn't qualify as 'keeping them around off table until you decide you need them.'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast