Vehicle Squads In Close Combat - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok sorry about this thread its no doubt been asked before but i can't find it here. How do you distribute vehicle damage through a squadren of vehicles in close combat? For example three killer kans in base contact with a venerable dreadnaught, only one is in base contact, does all the damage go onto that one killer kan, or do i have to spread it evenly through the sqaud? Also if i do take say four damage rolls (base contact or otherwise) and one gets immobalised/stunned/shaken is that then the last kan i can apply additional damage to rather than the still mobile others.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the other two are more than 2'' away, according to the trial rules, any hits that are left over if the can in base contact is destroyed are lost. If you follow the normal assault rules, once the first can is destroyed, continue rolling damage for the surviving ones. If it is not destroyed, just keep rolling damage for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Idinos is not quite right. The way i see it as long as the Killer Kans are within 2" in the case of the new assault rules or over this in the old rules the rules state that if there are more hits that targets the defending player should then distribute the number of hits by the possible targets keeping in mind that all targets have to receive a hit before another target receives a second one.

Once the Hits are distributed then you can roll for the damage table and see what happens tyo whom....., ho yes, and enjoy...
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see how this applies if all three kans are in base contact, but Walpo said the two aren&#39;t. To be frank, I am not quite sure. This has never happened in a battle I&#39;ve played or witnessed, but it seemed like the natural thing to do - destroy the one nearest, then go for the others that are not in base contact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rulebook states the hits are distributed exactly as for an infantry squad. So it varies depending on whether you use TAR or not. As wierd as it sounds, hits do carry over to other non base to base vehicles. Exactly when or how depends on the version of the assault rules you are using.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a related question:

If a vehicle in a unit is stunned, do the other vehicles have to hang around and wait for it to become un-stunned, or can they leave it behind as they can if it was immobilized? And if they can, does that unit later become a unit of one, or must it and the others immediately move to get back into coherency?

The only vehicle unit I currently have any experience with are DE jetbikes, which have toughness and not armor,so this question never came up for me before. I&#39;m building some Penitent Engines, though, so I&#39;d like to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if its stunned then the other guys can move about a bit as long as they maintain unit coherency. But i don&#39;t think you&#39;ll have to worry about that with penitent engines because i think they ignore the effects of stunning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

You&#39;re allowed to distribute hits to any of your models in the danger zone during hand to hand combat, it doesnt have to be models in base to base first

If you have 3 Killer Kans in the Danger zone (Base to base or within 2 inches of one of your models in base to base) and you take 4 damaging hits. You have to assign the hits equallly, you could do 1 on each and then assign the last to any of them you want. If the one with 2 hits is destroyed by the first then the second hit is ignored.

Blue Meanie - Jetbikes are not vehicles, they&#39;re just models who are on bikes which just means they have special rules but are not considered vehicles unless they have an armor value.

The rules for skimmers state that if stunned they drift d6 in a random direction in their next movement phase. So this would seem to mean it counts as their movement. The skimmer itself isn&#39;t damaged and if it is damaged the squad may leave it behind. I would say that the stunned skimmer floats d6 and the rest of the squad can move while maintaining coherency. That is the danger of skimmer squads, but you do get a good amount of them for a single slot in the force organization chart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by Blue Meanie@May 7 2004, 12:21
    I have a related question:

If a vehicle in a unit is stunned, do the other vehicles have to hang around and wait for it to become un-stunned, or can they leave it behind as they can if it was immobilized? And if they can, does that unit later become a unit of one, or must it and the others immediately move to get back into coherency?
    --- I have the nagging feeling I&#39;ve seen this somewhere, but I just went through the Rulebook Clarifications and it wasn&#39;t there... Thus, this is just my personal opinion, with no official content whatsoever.

The way we play, a stunned/immobilized vehicle can be left behind by mobile members of the unit. Once (or if) the vehicle becomes mobile again, it must be moved into coherency with it&#39;s original unit as soon as possible. Normal penalties for broken coherency apply.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually there is an official rule. BBB, pg 88 under &#39;Moving&#39;. You may leave behind vehicles that are imobilized for any reason. So even a temporary stun would allow you to leave it behind, but as soon as the vehicle is moble again, the unit must move back into coherency.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast