Weird Tank Shock - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if a squad is up against a wall and you drive one tank to either side of it so that its boxed in then tank shock them what happenS?

------------------------------
    xx ooooo xx
    x x oooo xx
    xx xx
    x xxx
    x x x x
    x x x x

x=tank
    0=squad

Station:in all the world of the drow there is no more important word.It is the calling of their-of our-religion,.ambition overrides good sense and compassion is thrown away in its face, all in the name of the spider queen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That question depends on if the squad passes or fails the Morale check.

If it passes then the squad just have to move out of the way fron the tank (or do the death or glory thing) by the closest route which in this case i think would be moving away from the wall.

If it fails then the models should fall back towards the closest board edge from their deployment zone (well, it depends on the mission but usually this is correct) using the most direct route and in this case going around any unpassable terrain.
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by Hugus@May 8 2004, 16:18
    If it fails then the models should fall back towards the closest board edge from their deployment zone (well, it depends on the mission but usually this is correct) using the most direct route and in this case going around any unpassable terrain.
    --- And if they can&#39;t do this due to being surrounded by enemy units and impassable terrain, they&#39;re caught in a Crossfire and wiped out.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

You are forgetting the two tanks crash into each other and explode wiping out all the surrounding troops and yet bizareley the guys they are trying to tank shock pass both their moral checks and their cover saves from the wall
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uzi: What you wrote is completely correct but in this case the squad would fall back (ahead) passing between the two tanks and double back around one of them, right?

And since you cannot be crossfired by a vehicle tank Shocking the squad would be ok....

Right? :unsure:
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Well, if they could move between the tanks without going closer than 1" of either, they could move away...

No double-backing, then they get crossfired or trapped.

The vehicle doing the tank shocking would count for crossfire... Unless You extend the assault rule of "only models in units which didn&#39;t fight in CC" to applying to vehicles as well. Trying to Tank Shock isn&#39;t the same thing as assaulting and fighting in CC, though... Whether TAR or basic 3rd Ed bears no difference, since both contain the clause "fought in CC".

Though I must admit I&#39;m on somewhat uneven ground, my specialty being Tyranids, and &#39;Nids not having any vehicles... Just looking at the wording of the rules.

Edit:
    The TAR somehwat muddles it as well... With just two tanks, the enemy unit couldn&#39;t be trapped, too much space for the unit to simply move away. But if there were three tanks... Improbable, but that&#39;s always the problem, since eventually it will happen and then we&#39;ll be thinking "What the heck are we supposed to do now?"... ^-^;

2nd Edit:
    The point of the first edit was in my mind all the time, from the first reply...

Ie. A squad has Impassable terrain behind it&#39;s back. Tanks drive to their left and right sides. A third tank comes up front and Tank Shocks them.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

The question should really be, why would you want to tank shock the same unit with two tanks??

HyperX
    I had this long signature made up, but I didnt like it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, because if it does wipe them out, thats one less unit to deal with, with no casualties taken on your side
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that I think we all forgot asbout (I just realised it myself) is that in 40K on the movement phase each unit/vehicle moves individually so that you move a tank to shock, the squad pass morale, moves away and then you can move the next vehicle..... i think that under the rules there is nothing stating that all movement is done at the same time because there might be reactions to it and so each unit as to move at different times.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Originally posted by Hugus@May 13 2004, 15:44
    What do you think?
    --- True, although it has little bearing on the situation I described... The two tanks move to block the flanks before the third drives in to tank shock.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast