Ordnance to Hit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ordnance to Hit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordnance to Hit

Ok I might sound noobish but I need to find the answer somewhere.
    For ordnance weapons is the scatter dice roll the rolling to hit or do you need to test BS too?
    Because today my friend almost never missed me with his lemun russ and Basilisk and my hammerheads with railguns seemed to miss a lot. Is there a reason why the ordanace seem to always hit? Or was he getting lucky? Or am I missing something?
    Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Ordnance weapons roll the scatter dice and relevant number of D6 (either 1D6 or 2D6 usually) to determine where they land.
    Remember that there is also a difference between ordance and a large blast. Large Blast weapons (such as the submunition round in the rail heads) use the models BS to determine whether or not the shot hits.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x4)

Regarding the frequency of hits, the ordnance should (on average) land on target 1/3 of the time and scatter 2/3 of the time, although a scatter could still end up hitting something.
    Put the box on the table by the window in the kitchen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

When you're firing something as big as an Ordnance weapon, you're going to hit something, guaranteed - it's just up to the scatter dice to see what, exactly, you wind up hitting.

So yes, in a way, Ordnance is a very reliable weapon in that it's always hitting somewhere, which is absolute murder on closely packed squads. On the other hand, if your units are well separated, it's not hard for the shell to simply blow up a field or something - in either case, it's all down to the proximity of targets and sheer luck with the scatter rolls.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

+ Reply to Thread