A few questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few questions

I hope I am posting in the correct section.
    I have a few questions reguarding some 40K armies.
    1.] Can Witch Hunters/ Deamonhunters be allies with 13th Company Space Wolves, and therfore the army as a whole be allowed vechiles?
    2.] Which army is "with their rules" the best? Or the most unfair to use as they seem to always win?
    3.] Are Necrons getting an updated codex anytime soon?
    Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Craig[crt]rsa View Post
    1.] Can Witch Hunters/ Deamonhunters be allies with 13th Company Space Wolves, and therfore the army as a whole be allowed vechiles?
    2.] Which army is "with their rules" the best? Or the most unfair to use as they seem to always win?
    Cheers
    Well, your first question is in the right section. On page 25 of my WH Codex, it says that WH may ally with any Space Marines, and their variants. This includes Space Wolves. Now the question is: What do the 13th Company rules say?

Question two is not a very good question. There is no "number one" army. Every army is capable of handling all the others. Its a matter of how you build your list and how smart you play. Though almost every army has famous/infamous combinations...

Question three belongs in the Rumors/Previews Section.

Enjoy.

And welcome to LO!
    Last edited by psichotykwyrm; June 15th, 2008 at 11:36. Reason: Welcome.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Space puppies can ally but as far as i can remember its got to be basic units so theyed act as basic SMs, ie with guard u wouldnt have doctrines and with SM no traits.
    Oh and it says in the allies bit what units ur allowed to take. Not sure bout the space wolves dex not read it to much (the wolf guard/bodyguard rules hurt my head)

As said above no army is the best. It comes to making good lists, good tactics and just plain good luck. The first 2 of those allow a smaller reliance on the 3rd. There are of course 'power armys' that play the rules not the game (no one wants to see 3 wraithlords and an avatar lumbering down the board at u for less than 500pts!) But then also you get lists which work well BECAUSE OF the rules. Classics at the mo would be the SM gun line and Mech eldar for example. One thats gone the way of the dinosaur (sort of) is the rhino rush.

As also said above this belongs in the rumor mill but to relay the info the gossipers say of release next year (SM - Space puppies - IG - Necrons - Dark eldar) is the list i think. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Pheonix Lord; June 15th, 2008 at 19:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

On your first question about WH and DH it is a bit confusing. The first thing you have to know is which army is the main army... if its a space marine army then you can ally with DH and have Grey Knights and you can ally with WH and have SoBs. If your main force will be one DH or WH then you can only have Standard Space Marines and you cannot take grey knight.

On the second question it is an each to their own, when you play it comes down to so many different factors that anyone can win on the day...
    There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moot

1.) The first question is moot anyway. In the special ruled for 13th company, around the same line where it says "13th company use all the standard space wolf rules..." there is a statement that they cannot have allies of any sort, which precludes DH/WH from being included in the army (which also, from a fluff point of view, makes sense).

2.) Again, there is no correct answer to this.

3.) They are among the oldest codexes, but there is definitly no release date for a new codex currently schedueled AFAIK.

+ Reply to Thread