5ed Psykers question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5ed Psykers question

Hello all

Since psykers can only use one power a turn. Does that mean even the once that does not require a leadership test?

For example
    Synapses for tyranid is a psychic power. Does this mean that while a tyrant alway has Synapse it can't use any other psychic power? That doesn't seem right.

If there is a rule or faq on this please give source and page number.

Thanks all

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by sandari View Post
    Hello all

Since psykers can only use one power a turn. Does that mean even the once that does not require a leadership test?

For example
    Synapses for tyranid is a psychic power. Does this mean that while a tyrant alway has Synapse it can't use any other psychic power? That doesn't seem right.

If there is a rule or faq on this please give source and page number.

Thanks all

Synapses is a physic power that is active at all times, it doesn't require a model to use it. So, it doesn't take up the one action of use.

Think of it as a passive ability, same reason why a psychic hood can't stop it, or ruins of warding from eldar can't force the synapses psychic ability to roll dice. The same goes for eldar warlocks psychic abilities that don't require a leadership roll (conceal, etc..).
    Tyranid and Eldar player....don't ask me how I ended up playing these two armies, just smile, nod, slowly move away and don't make eye contact!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree and understand. 4ed rule have the major and minor psychic power difference, which is great, but it is not in 5ed.

There are rule lawyers out there that will say "show me a rule that said I can do this". Is there a source that I can point to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are talking about synaspe it is in the Tryanid codex. it will tell which pshyic power require a test. Same goes for Eldar and Chaos .
    I hope that helps
    Bonekrusher

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Reread p50 more carefully. It does define "using a power" as using a power that requires you to take a test, in a backhanded way. No test = you have not 'used a power' in the eyes of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Even if the wording wasn't there, any rule lawyer who tried to claim that you couldn't use the second psychic power should have whatever it is that is lodged surgically removed.

Really? My unit can take another psychic power but can't use said power because I'm always using the default power? Come off it! Logic must prevail.

*mumbles about logic and GW rules*
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

+ Reply to Thread