Tell me I'm wrong. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

Tell me I'm wrong.

In the BA Codex, the Assault Squad have the special rule Deep Strike, and the option to remove their jump-packs. And nowhere, that I can see, does it say they then lose the ability to deep-strike. It says they *may* then take a dedicated transport, whcih I think would mean they can't DS, but as this is an option, it still doesn't stop you from having an Assault Squad with no jump-packs deepstriking...

Jump-packs are never dealt with as a seperate piece of wargear that confers the ability to deep strike, it just says that Assault Squads have that special rule, although, oddly, Veteran Assault Squads don't.

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Well, in 5th, jump infantry can now deepstrike (for free). At any rate, it's probably a trait of the BA infantry, like a terminator always being able to deepstrike.

And even if they buy a dedicated transport, they still can deepstrike, now that the transport can transport anyone (though they can't, of course, start out embarked).
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

You're using rules as written, instead of rules as intended. If it has not yet been corrected by an FAQ and you try to pull that in a tournament, just watch your sportsmanship score go through the floor and hit bottom.

It's a much better idea to assume that if you have jump packs, you can deep-strike. If not, not.
    "Politics is the womb in which war develops"
    Clausewitz

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

Oh, I know it was by no means intended. It's merely a RAW glitch. But as RAW glitches go, it's quite a big one. Such a big one, I felt sure I must have missed a rule or explanation somewhere.

However.. if you did go RAW you'd have to say that any ICs with jump-packs gain absolutely no use from them, as no-where does it say that they can move like jump infantry if equiped with one, it just says, may be equipped with a jump pack for x pts.

So, by-and-large, the BA Codex isn't entirely well written. Especially considering it's already been re-written for the 5th gen rules set.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

+ Reply to Thread