Forge World - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forge World

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Forge World

I'm a little confused so I thought I'd ask it here...

A few friends of mine have made comments that the Forge World 40k rules are accepted by Games Workshop. Does that mean that we could use them in tournaments?

Victory is achieved through mettle.
    Glory is acheived through metal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

They are not considered tournament legal (unless the organiser gives consent) - only stuff in codices falls under that.

Imperial Armour doesn't usually require opponent's permission for general gaming though, which is what their books tend to say.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

There isn't really any universal answer for tournaments. They are not allowed at GW GTs. GW's current stance for the GTs is, if it isn't in a book called 'CodexYZ' that you can currently buy off the shelf in our stores, it's not legal. Nope, not even if you found it on our own website, not in Codex == not legal for GT.

On the otherhand, if Joe local shopmanager says his brother Fred can use his Titan in the tournament next weekend, then that's the rules for that tournament! There isn't some higher power you can appeal to =)

In my personal experience (which is by no means universal or even that extensive compared to some other members), Forgeworld rules that just extend 'normal' 40K are usually accepted at Rogue Trader, Hall of Heroes, whatever they call local/regional tournies in your country. Assuming you have actual forgeworld minis or a *good* scratch build and a real copy of Imperial Armor X. This is things like Command Rhinos, Leman Russ Variants, alternate Dreadnought weapons.
    Flyers and SuperHeavies will always be a no-go unless it's a special tournament for that sort of thing.

+ Reply to Thread