Shuriken Cannon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Shuriken Cannon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shuriken Cannon

I know that this has probably been brought up alot since the start of 5 ed. but can you fire a shuriken cannon on the move?

Thanks so much

Tikidude92

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by tikidude92 View Post
    I know that this has probably been brought up alot since the start of 5 ed. but can you fire a shuriken cannon on the move?

Thanks so much

Tikidude92
    Well pretty much any Eldar unit that can take a shuriken cannon can move and fire with it. With guardians it becomes an assault weapon. Jetbikes, wraithlords, and vehicles can all move and fire a shuriken cannon.

I don't see why people would bring this in 5th edition. In the 3 editions I've been with 40k the rules about moving and firing have been pretty straight forward.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Since it’s classed as an Assault weapon (page 22 Eldar Codex) I would say ‘yes’ you can fire and move in the players turn.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the quick reply, only reason I brought it up was because i don't own the new ed. and someone at the store told me I couldn't move the vyper 12 in. and fire in 5ed. this clears things up for future games.

Thanks again. Rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by tikidude92 View Post
    thanks for the quick reply, only reason I brought it up was because i don't own the new ed. and someone at the store told me I couldn't move the vyper 12 in. and fire in 5ed. this clears things up for future games.

Thanks again. Rep.
    You really should pick up a 5th edition rule book. There have been a good amount of changes to how vehicles are handled. Never go on the word of another, especially in this game.

Read the rules, learn them, and if someone asks you about XYZ rule, you point them to the rule book so they can learn them.
    Tyranid and Eldar player....don't ask me how I ended up playing these two armies, just smile, nod, slowly move away and don't make eye contact!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok guardians can cause they have a special rule for their grav platform weapons and its an assualt weapon in its profile,this is true, so there is nothing stopping you from firing it after moving.

But if you mean on a vehicle

Being an assault weapon means nothing when its on a vehicle, its Str of the weapon and the amount of movement the tank underwent alone that determine if you can shoot it.

Seeing as a Shuriken Cannon is Str 6 it is a Main weapon, you can fire your cannon from a vyper that moved up to 12" in the movement phase, but you cant fire any other weapons that are above str 4. So if you were attempting to fire it in conjunction with some other main weapon, this is why you cant shoot it.
    Last edited by Cut Your Ribbon; September 5th, 2008 at 12:45.
    "Playing it safe is the most popular way to fail." - Elliott Smith.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Rulebook first.

This question could quite easily be answered by checking it.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Closed Thread