Ordnance Weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Senior Member omegoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

    Ordnance Weapons

    I was playing a game last night and brought along my old Vindicator to try it out. When we looked for the Ordnance rules they were less than clear. In the end we decided they just acted like blast weapons (2d6 -BS)

    Were we correct? I thought Ordnance were less accurate on the move but didn't see this rule.

    Pg 58 says they use large blast and refers to page 60 for AP rules
    Pg 60 just says how Ordnance works against vehicles.

    Is it mentioned anywhere else?

    It was a triumphant return for vindicator, even though I lost the game. Nothing else could would the Plague marines, and it accounted for 5 of them. And it obliterated a few Beserkers as well. All the while, missile and melta weapons pattered harmlessly off its thick hull.

    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

    and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Son of LO psichotykwyrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,638
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

    You're right. There's no more penalty for a moving vehicle firing ordnance. All weapons that utilize the blast and large blast markers resolve the same way, ordnance or not. (Unless of course its a funky weapon with its own rules.)
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

  4. #3
    The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,841
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

    I've just had a quick look over the Ordnance rules, the Vindicator's entry and the "Type" description for the Demolisher Cannon in the latest SM Codex, as I too have a Vindicator champing at the bit to get out of its box! However, I think there's a problem with moving and shooting with the Vindicator's cannon and below is why I think this.

    On the Summary page at the very back of the SM codex, the Demolisher Cannon's type is noted as Ord1, Barrage.

    On P.58 BRB under Ordnance Barrage Weapons, the vehicle cannot move if it fires its Ordnance Barrage weapon.

    Putting these two together suggests to me that if you wish to fire the Vindicator's cannon, you have to remain stationary.

    Am I reading this right, or does the option still exist to fire directly, in which case it doesn't matter if you move or not? Unfortunately I don't own a copy of the IG codex so I can't look up the Basilisk entry for comparison of wording etc.

    E.
    Last edited by eiglepulper; October 14th, 2008 at 16:50.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

  5. #4
    Senior Member omegoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

    Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    I've just had a quick look over the Ordnance rules, the Vindicator's entry and the "Type" description for the Demolisher Cannon in the latest SM Codex, as I too have a Vindicator champing at the bit to get out of its box! However, I think there's a problem with moving and shooting with the Vindicator's cannon and below is why I think this.

    On the Summary page at the very back of the SM codex, the Demolisher Cannon's type is noted as Ord1, Barrage.

    On P.58 BRB under Ordnance Barrage Weapons, the vehicle cannot move if it fires its Ordnance Barrage weapon.

    Putting these two together suggests to me that if you wish to fire the Vindicator's cannon, you have to remain stationary.

    Am I reading this right, or does the option still exist to fire directly, in which case it doesn't matter if you move or not? Unfortunately I don't own a copy of the IG codex so I can't look up the Basilisk entry for comparison of wording etc.

    E.
    Page 80 says that Demolisher Cannon is Ordnance 1
    Which is what I will be using, as it was the same in 3rd and 4th Edition Codex,
    It is the same in CSM Codex, and the guard codex

    P144 is def an error. Ork Codex was notorious for such faults.
    Nearly all barrage weapons have a minimum distance anyway.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

    and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by omegoku View Post
    P144 is def an error. Ork Codex was notorious for such faults.
    Nearly all barrage weapons have a minimum distance anyway.
    the rules do state that such pages (144 for instance) are for reference, and that in the event of a contradiction the specific rules for the referenced page are to be used.

    Barrage weapons are not required to have a minimum distance.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

  7. #6
    Member orky/necron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Great Wide Open
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    12 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post

    Putting these two together suggests to me that if you wish to fire the Vindicator's cannon, you have to remain stationary.

    Am I reading this right, or does the option still exist to fire directly, in which case it doesn't matter if you move or not? Unfortunately I don't own a copy of the IG codex so I can't look up the Basilisk entry for comparison of wording etc.

    E.

    Yes, one must remian stationary to fire ordnance barrage.
    It is in the bit about ord. weapons in the main rulebook.
    Last edited by orky/necron; October 14th, 2008 at 20:13.
    I'm sorry.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by orky/necron View Post
    Yes, one must remian stationary to fire ordnance.
    It is in the bit about ord. weapons in the main rulebook.
    pagenumber, section, and paragraph please.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

  9. #8
    Member orky/necron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Great Wide Open
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    12 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by DJinni View Post
    pagenumber, section, and paragraph please.
    On the Summary page at the very back of the SM codex, the Demolisher Cannon's type is noted as Ord1, Barrage.
    pages 58-60 somewhere in there.

    ord. barrage type weapons cannot move and fire.
    I'm sorry.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by orky/necron View Post
    ord. barrage type weapons cannot move and fire.
    Ordinance is different from ordinance barrage, you had just stated ordinance before, just wanted to clarify
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

  11. #10
    Ender of Threads Wraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by omegoku View Post
    Page 80 says that Demolisher Cannon is Ordnance 1
    Which is what I will be using, as it was the same in 3rd and 4th Edition Codex,
    It is the same in CSM Codex, and the guard codex

    P144 is def an error. Ork Codex was notorious for such faults.
    Nearly all barrage weapons have a minimum distance anyway.
    While using the rules from older Codexes to support an argument is never a great idea, I'm inclined to agree on this one - The demolisher is a squat, stubby, short ranged howitzer... It's built to rumble up nice and close, then hammer one huge shot straight through anything in its path, there's no possible way it would ever be counted as a Barrage weapon - gotta be a typo.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts