Attacks and unrelatedly skimmer bases - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attacks and unrelatedly skimmer bases

Ok with attacks if there is only 1 option for weapon does the base stats include this. Lesser Daemons and Hormaguants are where my question lies. I've always assumed the base attacks included the Scything Talons and Close Combat Weapons, however in apocalypse the Lessor Daemons seem to have 2 extra attack on the charge than there bases stats.

My unrelated question is about skimmers. when u bought my two Devilfish in 4th edtion I thought it was too much hassle to bother putting them on flying bases so i put them on there feet im guessing there called landing gear. Do i have to now put them on flying bases. Also is there any clarification on skimmers and troopslos through them. Because it seemse stupid a flying base that represents nothing in game terms; as it is seethrough to represent it not being there even though it has to be there to hold up vehicle; represents ether a unti can see another unit and cover saves etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Re Skimmers and flying stands: P.71 BRB last paragraph of left column.

As for the LOS element: the base is ignored, but if the firing model's eye-level would mean that the enemy target unit is partially obscured because of the hull of a skimmer then yes, a cover save can be taken.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for reply i think i was confused becasue in paragraph 1 of pg 71 it implies the opposite of last paragraph though i assume it means u cant physically hold the model above the ground.

In effect does that mean i can choose to block LoS by having a very small flying base or i can have a really tall one and have no cover or los penalties. To me that seems against the idea of a skimmer/ surely the pilot will realise you want to shoot and hover even if they dont realise that they should move back down again to protect you against enemy fire.

To me this needs clarification I see that people may just change the size of the flying base stalk depending on opponent. If they can shoot back or have crappy save might aswell not block LoS. This is especially easy to do when its implied you shouldnt glue on the flying base.

Anyway thanks for your help have some rep now to find someone to answer the attacks issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as attacks go, unless specifically mentioned bonuses from having two weapons are not counted in the profile.
    They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my SPESS MAHREENS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically Close combat weapons or other equivalents are added to the attack stat unless a codex says roughly Close Combat Weapons have already been included in the stats.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Yes, that's correct. You have a basic set of attacks which can be augmented in several ways. The total number of attacks are then made using any special weapon/ability, so if you have Rending Claws, then all your attacks take the Rending rule. If you have a power weapon, then the rules for power weapons are used. If you have two special weapons, then you must choose the effect to be used in each CC phase, although you do not have to stick to one such type for every single turn. In other words, if you have a powerfist and a power weapon, you could use the PF in your first Assault Phase, then the power weapon in your opponent's Assault Phase.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 16Ogretyrant07 View Post
    Ok with attacks if there is only 1 option for weapon does the base stats include this. Lesser Daemons and Hormaguants are where my question lies. I've always assumed the base attacks included the Scything Talons and Close Combat Weapons, however in apocalypse the Lessor Daemons seem to have 2 extra attack on the charge than there bases stats.

My unrelated question is about skimmers. when u bought my two Devilfish in 4th edtion I thought it was too much hassle to bother putting them on flying bases so i put them on there feet im guessing there called landing gear. Do i have to now put them on flying bases. Also is there any clarification on skimmers and troopslos through them. Because it seemse stupid a flying base that represents nothing in game terms; as it is seethrough to represent it not being there even though it has to be there to hold up vehicle; represents ether a unti can see another unit and cover saves etc.
    on vehicles such as skimmers, all skimmers hover until they crash/land, therefore you can always shoot unterneath them. The base is better than nothing but not required (ive had a monolith that i could not get a base on if i wanted to)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kid-Blue do units I shoot at through my Devilfish get cover saves regardless of basing and do units still have to say 1" away form the skimmer in the Movement phase plus can you assault underneath tthe vehicle i.e my unit 5" from the enemy on the other side of vehicle they assualt 5" and attack or do they still have to go arround.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks everyone who has/will answer them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

the clear base is ignored for all purposes except when you are assaulting the skimmer at that point the clear base is considered the vehicle base.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-Blue View Post
    on vehicles such as skimmers, all skimmers hover until they crash/land, therefore you can always shoot unterneath them. The base is better than nothing but not required (ive had a monolith that i could not get a base on if i wanted to)
    LOS is based upon the actual represented model. you cannot simply "shoot through" skimmers, they must be represented on the bases that they are sold with in order to represent a true LOS, monolith's have spacers that represent the height of the "floating" and are not sold with a base.
    all other skimmers however need to actually be on a base.
    Last edited by DJinni; October 20th, 2008 at 16:28. Reason: typos
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres the problem the flying bases for vehicles such as Devilfish have to stalk options. And in the instructions I have it doesnt actually show you putting them on it just shows the three landing gears.
    Each stalk are different heights 1 blocking TLoS and one not does this mean i cant shoot at all with the shorter stalk and i can shoot with no penalties with the longer stalk.
    If so it implies I should change the stalk for each battle depending on how much enemy fire against Fire Warriors there are. This may also apply to other skimmers though I am not certain. Surely this is not what GW invisioned.

One more question can Skimmers tank shock I assumed they couldnt until i saw a Official gamesworkshop Tau tactic where if you havent killed the unit charge in with the skimmer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast