Kroot Mercenary - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Kroot Mercenary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroot Mercenaries can apparently take 40 extra points of wargear for every shaper they have, and 80 points for every master shaper. Now, wargear options include such things as melta bombs. My question is does this mean that for every shaper your army can be equipped with say 40 points of melta bombs spread out amongst your army? Do these units only include those that can originally carry frag grenades? Some Kroot are listed as having that option, some arent. I cant envision a pack of kroot hounds carrying Melta bombs?
    Anyways, any clarification on that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 40 points of wargear the shaper has must be given to the shaper.
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what I had thought, but there are only 11 points worth of "wargear" listed on the list. That didnt quite make much sense when I first read it. There is a specific part named "Wargear" inside the armory, and it lists three different types of grenades and auspex. On looking a bit further I suppose they include all parts of that armory list, such as totems, as wargear, and then have a seperate wargear section inside of the wargear which threw me off.
    I was thinking that if you had a shaper you could take 40 points worth of the grenades, which didnt seem too unreasonable. Since the Kroot Mercenaries lack real tank-killing equipment I thought it was a way to give them a punch by distributing krak grenades and melta bombs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Totems count as part of the wargear allowance, that's where the high point cost comes from....

Closed Thread