Multiple Fearless units losing CC and testing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Multiple Fearless units losing CC and testing

So I have a question, because I feel I did this all wrong. There was a black templar squad who assaulted my squad of scarabs AND my tomb spyder combined (both fearless). After all was said and done I lost combat and did he did 10 wounds I did 4. So I lost CC by 6 wounds and since both units are fearless do I have to take 12 saves (6 per squad?). That just seems messed up that it doubles...any insight to this or page numbers would be nice. Thanks!

"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    So I have a question, because I feel I did this all wrong. There was a black templar squad who assaulted my squad of scarabs AND my tomb spyder combined (both fearless). After all was said and done I lost combat and did he did 10 wounds I did 4. So I lost CC by 6 wounds and since both units are fearless do I have to take 12 saves (6 per squad?). That just seems messed up that it doubles...any insight to this or page numbers would be nice. Thanks!
    you take 6 divided as you determine
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DJinni View Post
    you take 6 divided as you determine
    Would you like to cite a page where that is found?

Back to the OP:

As per page 44, under "No Retreat", Fearless units take a number of saves equal to their Morale check modifier for lost combats.

As per page 41, under "Assault Results", all units on the losing side of a multiple combat take a morale check modifier equal to the total combat resolution.

Therefore:

Put these together, and all Fearless units that lose in a multiple combat take saves equal to the number the entire side lost by. (Which would be 6 each by the OP's example.)
    Last edited by psichotykwyrm; November 28th, 2008 at 06:49. Reason: spelling
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Yup, what wyrm said. 6 wounds per fearless squad. It's pretty harsh. don't lose assaults!

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

P.41 BRB under "Assault Results": lines 3-5. Both the Scarabs and the TS have to take 6 Fearless saves.

E.

Oops, sorry guys - this was already posted by PW. Didn't spot that. (Old age and all that, you understand....need glasses. Or more coffee.)
    Last edited by eiglepulper; November 28th, 2008 at 12:18.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Sorry storm kicked me offline before I could edit my post.
    the rule you use is the "no retreat" rule.
    Page 44 second paragraph under "no retreat" does not state "each unit" it is the combined units. if you have 2 units that lost by six than both units take a combined total of 6 hits not each unit. as you lost by 6 you can only take 6 hits. you did not lose by 12 and therefore cannot take 12 hits.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJinni View Post
    Sorry storm kicked me offline before I could edit my post.
    the rule you use is the "no retreat" rule.
    Page 44 second paragraph under "no retreat" does not state "each unit" it is the combined units. if you have 2 units that lost by six than both units take a combined total of 6 hits not each unit. as you lost by 6 you can only take 6 hits. you did not lose by 12 and therefore cannot take 12 hits.
    You take 12 hits.
    If you're going to reference rules, at least do it correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by 40k rulebook, p44
    these units do not take morale checks and will never fall back, instead, these units suffer a number of wounds equal to the number their side has lost the combat by.
    These Units
    Each fearless unit in the combat takes the amount of saves equal to the amount they lost by
    "i am a leaf in the wind, see how i soar"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by marv335 View Post
    You take 12 hits.
    If you're going to reference rules, at least do it correctly.

These Units
    Each fearless unit in the combat takes the amount of saves equal to the amount they lost by
    yes you are correct in your quote however you are failing on one point
    "These" does not equal "each"
    these units take X hits, not "each" unit takes X hits. if you are going to advise me I am wrong please make sure you are right.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rules are quite clear.
    If a combat has a fearless unit it, and loses, the fearless unit takes a number of saves equal to the number it loses by.
    It doesn't matter how many units are involved, the number isn't split.
    If you had multiple non-fearless units in the losing side would you divide up the leadership modifier by the number of units in the combat?
    No.
    Same principle applies
    "i am a leaf in the wind, see how i soar"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by marv335 View Post
    If you had multiple non-fearless units in the losing side would you divide up the leadership modifier by the number of units in the combat?
    No.
    Same principle applies
    ah yes the opinion of a principle dictates the rule.
    do you multiply the winning reesult when the winner has multiple units? if I have 2 units fighting one, does the bonus I win by double?
    its a completely different rule from a morale test, and you can't infer the rules mean something they don't. show me where it states other than I have stated and I'll agree.
    the statement in the rules used for fearless units are clear. all units involved take X hits, not X multiplied by the number of units.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Signed,
    Scissors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast