deep striking and psykers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deep striking and psykers

If you deep strikers in reserve coming in and a psyker that also casts psychic powers (already on the board) at the very beginning of your turn, which goes first if at all?
    In my case I want my swooping hawks to come in and drop their grenade packs on an enemy that has been doomed by my farseer (that's re-roll failed wounds on the target unit) but I don't know where to start. Do i get to choose who goes first.
    The rulebook was no help unfortunately as all it does is state that both are done at the very beginning of your turn before anything moves.

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Reserves are rolled for at the start of movement and the power is used at the start of your turn, so short answer, yes, it would be perfectly in sequence to cast doom, then drop grenade packs.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The Reserve Roll is done at the start of the Movement Phase, before any units are actually moved. The codex says that "Doom" is cast at the start of the Eldar turn rather than the start of the Movement Phase. This is a significant semantic difference.

What I would therefore understand the procedure to be is this:

1. Roll the Farseer psychic power on whatever unit is your target.
    2. Roll for your Reserves to see if those Swoooping Hawks actually make it to the battelfield!
    3. Bring in your Hawks from Reserve where you want them.
    4. Offload the grenade pack!

No doubt others will come along soon to discuss the "chicken and egg" syndrome of the Reserves vs Psychic powers! Please note that the above suggestion is only my own interpretation.

E.

Darn it! Ninja'd by Mastershake!
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    No doubt others will come along soon to discuss the "chicken and egg" syndrome of the Reserves vs Psychic powers!
    Well since you mention it, the Movement phase is the start of the turn (there is nothing that comes before Movement, such as a Start of Turn phase), so 'start of turn' and 'start of movement phase' are actually the same thing.

Troublemaking aside, I agree with Mastershake and E.
    Put the box on the table by the window in the kitchen.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Heh heh! Troublemake away!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, i interpreted it as happening at the same time so I could do it in the order I wanted.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

+ Reply to Thread