Suffer Not the Alien to Live - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Son of the Dice Gods's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suffer Not the Alien to Live

This may be covered in another thread but for the life of me I could not find it. So Im making my own SM chapter and as I was parusing my Codex I noticed that Suffer Not the Alien to Live is a Preferred Enemy trait but it does not include Tau and I was wondering if I just have an old Codex or if they fall under some other category since my friend that I play the most is a Tau player I was just wondering because this was also absent in my wargear book under preferred enemy. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

-SotDG

And he rolled......

And the numbers were good.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Your book is indeed out of date. The entire trait system has been deprecated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noooooo......sob.
    And he rolled......

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Or you could play 4th Ed. and use the previous edition of the space marines. Just make sure your opponent is ok with it. As for Taus, they aren't mentioned so you cannot use it on them (or rather, you cannot have a Tau as a prefered enemy), though this point is arguable. With good reasoning maybe you could convince him that Taus are 'aliens' though he'd have to be pretty dim to give u that advantage.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Tau aren't an option because their contact with the imperium is relatively 'new' in the galactic timeline. There aren't any chapters that have been fighting them for millenia and developed an affinity. Plus, seriously, do marines need any help beating up Tau in assault? (also, remember that Trait was written for different core rules. Preferred enemy is way way way way better now than it used to be. This could be considered unbalanced.)

The new marine book is awesome. A bit of the 'customization' is gone. But I doubt you'll want to continute using the old one when you see how good some of the new stuff is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

If you're marines are sucking so bad they need preferred enemy against Tau, you have other issues

But seriously, In the previous rules edition, preferred enemy meant you hit on a 3+ regardless, against an opponent with an average WS of 2, you would've been wasting points with no benefit, so the option was excluded entirely. In a similar fashion, the IG also didn't have the option for Tau in their Xeno Fighters because, yet again, you're hitting them on 3's anyways.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help everyone I appreciate it. I know this may have seemed like a unimportant question and looking at it with your answers I agree. I was just using my codex (now obviously obsolete) to finish up creating my custom SM chapter. I simply wanted to know if Tau applied because I was trying to figure out some viable traits to pick that would help me out, doing so without my rulebook or my friends Tau Codex. I have never played said Tau player with this army but he seems very intimidated already without me giving him some proof as of yet.

We play fairly regularly and he knows i have some SM but he hasn't even seen them yet so I plan on unveiling this army fully finished, painted, and decked out in their splendor in one giant gasp of "Holy Emperor's Throne Upon Terra Batman!!!"

Thanks for the help and now it seems I'm off to scrounge what money I can to get a nifty GW hand sprayer, some paints and the latest SM codex.

Once again thanks to all and happy hunting.

-SotDG
    And he rolled......

+ Reply to Thread