Dedicated transports contesting objectives. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dedicated transports contesting objectives.

Can dedicated transports contest objectives, if so do they also count as a kill point?

Please cite pages you found this on/FAQ. I've scoured the book and find contradicting information in it.

Not looking for opinions here, looking for page numbers or games workshop sponsored tournaments.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Page 5: Unit Types
    "Vehicle units are represented by single models in the case of tanks and other large vehicles, or as a group of smaller vehicles."

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Dedicated Transports are no different than any other vehicle wth 1 exception...

pg. 67 DEDICATED TRANSPORTS

The only limitation of a dedicated transport is that when it is deployed it can only carry the unit it was selected with (plus any independent characters)
    Therefore, the rules that apply to other vehicles apply to them as well

pg. 90

The presence of other units may deny an objective to the enemy, but only troops can control it
    pg. 91

At the end of the game, each player receives 1 'kill point' for each enemy unit that has been completely destroyed

If you consult the FAQ for last years 'Ard Boyz, it applies a different version of KP wherein dedicated transports are worth nothing, but this applied exclusively to that tournament series.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Hey

Hey,

This is an easy one. Transports are worth a kill point and may contest objectives.

That's the way it is written in the rules. That's the way it was played at the 2008 UK Throne of Skulls GT.

My Rhinos proved incredibly useful in one game and then lost me the next one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Sorry to necro-post, but it'll save a thread if someone answers it here - Can't Dedicated Transports score? Because they are treated as a troop choice if they are brought for one, so they even claim an objective?
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by hotspike18 View Post
    Sorry to necro-post, but it'll save a thread if someone answers it here - Can't Dedicated Transports score? Because they are treated as a troop choice if they are brought for one, so they even claim an objective?
    Only if the troop choice is still inside the transport.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by hotspike18 View Post
    They are treated as a troop choice only for mission or deployment distinctions, page 87 BRB.

But does not count as scoring, page 90.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Not much more to say here except that once, someone brought an Armored Company to a tournament. They allowed him to use it but said that he couldn't win as his tanks couldn't capture any objectives, and therefore the best he could do was to play for a tie (or to eliminate his opponent completely to win). In an AC, tanks are the troops (and elites and heavies and HQ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

That is because no vehicles are ever counted as scoring.

page 90 like Wicky said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

Yeah, somehow I missed it when reading through the scoring section. I double checked last night and saw it, but thanks for all the posts clearing it up guys.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast