Removing Casualties - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gid-day, I am a new Space Wolves player (though I play tyranids for some time),
    I have a question conserning the removing of casualties.

Lets say I have a unit (blood claws/grey hunters) with 2 powerfists, I charge a unit, our dudes kill some of each other. Now if the enemy removes all of his casuaties from the guys that are in B2B with my powerfist dudes, can my powerfist dudes attack even though there are no-one in B2B as the casualties were taken out from them.

This hasn't happened to me before but it would be nice to know what to do.

Thanks.

How victory may be produced for them out of the enemy's
    own tactics--that is what the multitude cannot comprehend.

-Sun Tzu

"Quantity has a Quality of it's own"

-Josef Stalin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as the models started close combat in B2B (or within 2" of a model in B2B, according to the new v4 rules) they get all their attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!&#33 ;!!!!
    How victory may be produced for them out of the enemy's
    own tactics--that is what the multitude cannot comprehend.

-Sun Tzu

"Quantity has a Quality of it's own"

-Josef Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

But that only applies to the upcoming 4thEd rules...

By 3rdEd, if models in BtB are removed, the PFists can't get their special attacks.

By TAR, the PFists can use their special attacks as long as they started in BtB with the enemy, even if the model they were in BtB with is removed before they get to strike.

By 4thEd, it seemingly goes like TAR except that the PFists don't even need to start in BtB, just within the 2" supporting range.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Uzi-99@Jul 23 2004, 10:59
    But that only applies to the upcoming 4thEd rules...

By 3rdEd, if models in BtB are removed, the PFists can't get their special attacks.

By TAR, the PFists can use their special attacks as long as they started in BtB with the enemy, even if the model they were in BtB with is removed before they get to strike.
    [snapback]185943[/snapback]
    Incorrect about the 3rd Ed. Read page 66, bottom of the page and you'll see that if a model's opponent is taken as a casualty before they have the chance to attack they still attack as if in base to base contact (or whatever position you started the assault)

Right now any quote about 4th Ed rules is pure speculation based on a very sparse summary put out by GW, so you'll have to wait to see whether this remains true.

As it is right now in ALL versions of the rules you get your attacks exactly the same as you would when you started the melee regardless of whether your opponents are killed. However, in TAR there is a limited area that can be affected by your attacks. So if there are no troops left in your unit's danger zone you can't kill anybody, even though you still get all your attacks :rolleyes:

Closed Thread