Flyer rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flyer rules

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

Flyer rules

Is there a common concensus on the rules for flyers now that 5th ed. is out. The one big question I have is if flyers are granted a +4 cover save due to fast moving, or if hits are glancing, or neither.?

I've got a new tau remora thats itching for a fight.

NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

I guess you're running up against the problem of whether to use Apoc rules or Imperial Armour rules, yes?

The way we play Flyer rules in our club is: if it's an Apoc game, then use the Apoc rules. If not, then IA rules. Flyers aren't mentioned (AFAIK anyway) in the 5th Ed rulebook, so that's why we play things the way I already said.

I know that this probably wasn't particularly helpful, so apologies!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

191 (x3)

Yes thats one of them, i figured we would play IA rules. its a 1500 pt game. But again, If playing with IA rules, how is the moving fast being being played? Cover save, glancing, or neither. ??

How do you work this out eiglepulper ?

Thanks
    Last edited by camarodragon; February 8th, 2009 at 20:13.
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

I/we just go by the rules in Imperial Armour 2: hit only on a 6 unless AA-mount is involved, then apply the "only glancing hits can be made" rule using the current 5th Ed rules that all glancing hits reduce the effects on the Vehicle Damage Chart by -2.

With the new Damage Chart, it is relatively easy now to cause problems for a flyer to remain fully effective, but there is still the minor point of having to roll a 6 to hit the darn thing first!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

191 (x3)

Thats what I was gravitating towards as well. Thanks for the info.