Demon Prince question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demon Prince question

I was recently playing a game and checking through the codex CSM again more thoroughly and I just realized that in the profile for the Demon Prince that he does not have anything other than a standard close combat weapon. I was just hoping for some clarification on this but the huge rune encrusted sword that is stock on the model seems like it would count as a power weapon (could be just wishfull thinking on my part )

I was also confused as someone told me that even the lesser demons in the demons of chaos codex are armed with power weapons as standard. So does that mean that the lesser demons in the CSM codex are also armed with power weapons as standard or the single close combat weapon as stated in the codex? Any help would be appreciated on this!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Daemon Princes are Monstrous Creatures, hence all of their attacks ignore armor saves and they get 2D6 + S against vehicles.

Whoever told you lesser daemons had power weapons is either BSing you or just ignorant. They have nothing special about their CC attacks.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastershake View Post
    Daemon Princes are Monstrous Creatures, hence all of their attacks ignore armor saves and they get 2D6 + S against vehicles.

Whoever told you lesser daemons had power weapons is either BSing you or just ignorant. They have nothing special about their CC attacks.
    Exactly so. The daemon prince model is a relic from chaos 4th edition codex, when he could wield a daemon weapon and other options. Nowadays, his handsome rune sword is nothing more than the butter knife your mother uses to give your breakfast toast a little flavor.

Lesser Daemons: Codices don't talk to one another. The weapons specific to daemons in one 'dex does not translate to any other 'dex. Each codex functions on its own, and is only subject to the Big Rules Book and GW erratas.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it still looks cool,

Rabbit, Whats the plastic one got in his hands? Its due soon isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

Plastic one has a big plastic sword if I remember the preview images correctly.
    Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Bloodletters of Khorne in the Daemons Codex have power weapons Lesser Daemons in the CSM codex do not. The reason for this disparity background wise is because Daemons i nthe CSM codex represent spirits and Daemons weakly bound to the material universe, often without a viable host body (even in the case of Greater Daemosn the Host body is destroyed in the process.

In the Daemons codex the army represents a full daemonic incursion where the full blasphemy (or glory depending on your prelidictions) of Chaos is revealed.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

+ Reply to Thread