Tau Landing Gear - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know you can opt to land instead of move but can you also take off instead of move also>?

If you charge a bunker and die, its called being reckless, but if you charge the bunker and win, it's heroic!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know you can opt to land instead of move but can you also take off instead of move also>?
    Yes, but what would be the purpose of this? If you do not wish to move you do not have to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a Tau vehicle moves under a certain number of inches the player can choose to either keep it skimming or land, the main difference is that while hovering, even if the vehicle did not move at all it will only be hit in cc on 6+...
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I realise this, but saying that you take off would be the same as not moving, it is just that I consider it a null question.

Never mind me .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what&#39;s the advantage of landing gear, then? And how is a cc-oriented opponent supposed to bust Tau vehicles if they can only be hit on a 6? I&#39;m new to the game, and I play &#39;nids, (and my only games have been on long, nearly open boards playing lengthwise against Tau and IG). It seems like the only way to pop a tau tank is to outshoot it.
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...ard0.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, on the penetrating and glancing hits table, when it says one weapon destroyed, chosen by "opponent", does that mean the tank&#39;s owner, (the person attacking it&#39;s opponent) or the person shooting at the tank, (the owner&#39;s opponent)?
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...ard0.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, on the penetrating and glancing hits table, when it says one weapon destroyed, chosen by "opponent", does that mean the tank&#39;s owner, (the person attacking it&#39;s opponent) or the person shooting at the tank, (the owner&#39;s opponent)?
    The player who shot/assaulted the tank chooses which weapon is to be destroyed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by Clarkdobbs112@Aug 1 2004, 03:27
    what&#39;s the advantage of landing gear, then?
    --- If the Skimmer doesn&#39;t move (but lands on it&#39;s landing gear), it can&#39;t be destroyed by an Immobilized result.

And how is a cc-oriented opponent supposed to bust Tau vehicles if they can only be hit on a 6?
    --- Not just Tau, ALL Skimmers, including Eldar and Necron ones (and SM Speeders). Bear in mind this only applies when the Skimmer is mobile.

You want to kill those more easily, You need ranged weaponry. This is the main reason I always suggest to have at least some ranged capabiltiy in a Tyranid swarm.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the Tau landing gear only in the CA vehicle building chart? Can i use the landing gear on my Hammerhead and Devilfish in a tornament and playing against my friends? Or do i have to ask permission, or is not really even real?
    Tau'Va
    &quot;Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.&quot;
    -O'Shovah

<span style='color:red'>Image Removed</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It says in CA 2004 that Devilfish and Hammerhead get landing gear free, its on page 76.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast