Speed rolling plasma.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speed rolling plasma..

Quick question I have to ask as I couldn't find the info after a search in the forum.

Got a unit with lots of plasmaguns and rapid fire them against another unit.. do I need to shoot with ever model seperatly to see if each model over heat or is there a good way of speed rolling this, considering they're shooting two shots each?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

easiest way is to have multiple colors of dice, but a short answer is that yes, you reall don't want to lose multiple models to one plasma overheating.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

I would think rolling them all seperate would be the best way, or roll diferant olor dice for each gun, that way you know if one of them rolled two 1's.
    If you dont do it that way it would be unsporting to apply multiple 1's to the same shooter.
    -isitused
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to get a load of diffrent colored die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weaker races who don't understand plasma technology should be punished, spread those ones around!

Wouldn't rolling seperately for each shot work as well? So let's say you have 6 guys shooting; you roll 6 die and handle any Gets Hot results. Then roll the 6 again (or less if anyone died) for the second shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Vodun View Post
    Weaker races who don't understand plasma technology should be punished, spread those ones around!

Wouldn't rolling seperately for each shot work as well? So let's say you have 6 guys shooting; you roll 6 die and handle any Gets Hot results. Then roll the 6 again (or less if anyone died) for the second shot.
    Sounds like heretic talk to me.

As to rolling seperately for each shot, that's no good because a guy who dies from overheat still gets to fire twice.
    Put the box on the table by the window in the kitchen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moglun View Post
    Sounds like heretic talk to me.

As to rolling seperately for each shot, that's no good because a guy who dies from overheat still gets to fire twice.
    Hmm, true. How about this then: Any Gets Hot results from the first roll gets put to the side, these are rolled separate after the second roll? This way you'll know if a model got snake eyes. Could be a bit complicated but should be faster than separate dice for each model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

Yeah pulling any 1's to the side and rolling them apart from the others that haven’t already rolled 1's would allow you to see if anybody was unfortunate enough to roll double 1’s.

Also if any of them are equipped differently you d need to roll them separate too, like if a sergeant was shooting along with some grunts.

-isitused
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way ive been doing it so far is like wound allocation, I speed roll my plasma fails if it is less to, or equal to the amount of models shooting.

If i have 2 marines shooting plasma, and 3 fail, i allocate wounds, 2 wounds on 1 marine, and 1 wound on the other. I believe that it should work like ordinary wound allocation.

+ Reply to Thread