Terminators. Teleport Homer vs. Locater Beacon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminators. Teleport Homer vs. Locater Beacon

So during a game the other day, the guys and I got into a bit of a tuss over this.

I had a squad of Terminators deep-strike within 6 inches of a locator beacon in order to avoid scatter, yet one of my friends insisted that Terminators could only avoid deep-strike scatter by landing within 6 inches of a teleport homer.

His justification was that the teleport homer is a specific piece of wargear that specifically refers to Terminators and deep-striking. I brought up the fact that because the locator beacon is non-specific about the means of deep-striking (teleportation vs dropships etc) it allows me to teleport terminators without scatter.

What's your opinion?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

THe locator beacon allows for any kind of deepstriking unit to not have to scatter, so yes the terminators can deep strike without scattering.
    Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

pg 67 Codex Space Marines:
    Locator beacon is described as, "a signaling package containing a teleport homer, broad-spectrum communicators and geo-positional tracking."

As it contains a teleport homer, your Terminators are able to teleport using it.

+ Reply to Thread