True Line of Sight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True Line of Sight

I was having a little conversations with one of my friends about TLoS. Questions is; Can units shoot between the legs of a sentinel? (i guess they can, if they can see the guy behind it)

With TLoS you can shoot under a skimmer, but if i model large pieces of cloth from the bottom of the skimmer and to the ground, will it then block line of sight? (i could imagine eldar skimmers with huge flags or banners beneath them or de skimmers with nasty chains and nets)

Any thoughts on these things?

~Z

"Only by defeat of the madness within can we hope to tame the beasts of our souls." - Chapter Master Erebes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And another quick one. Does abilities that negates cover saves also negate the save for fireing trough friendly units?
    "Only by defeat of the madness within can we hope to tame the beasts of our souls." - Chapter Master Erebes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do people get cover saves from blast weapons when they are in cover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ZaranVI View Post
    I was having a little conversations with one of my friends about TLoS. Questions is; Can units shoot between the legs of a sentinel? (i guess they can, if they can see the guy behind it)
    Yes, although firing through it's legs would be firing through another unit and would automatically confer a cover save, even if you could see the whole enemy model in the gap

With TLoS you can shoot under a skimmer, but if i model large pieces of cloth from the bottom of the skimmer and to the ground, will it then block line of sight? (i could imagine eldar skimmers with huge flags or banners beneath them or de skimmers with nasty chains and nets)

~Z
    You could model things hanging off the bottom of your skimmers to block LOS under them, although some people might consider this "unsportsmanlike"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~Z
    I don't think that would even be allowed in official tournaments. Also, Flag/Banners/Ect don't count in LoS. (It's actually doesn't count as in if you can see Only the flag of a troop you can't see the unit, so they aren't penalized for having attractive decorations.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by drunkspleen View Post
    Yes, although firing through it's legs would be firing through another unit and would automatically confer a cover save, even if you could see the whole enemy model in the gap
    Gaining cover saves by mixing two squads only counts for non-vehicle units. Vehicles, on the other hand, provide cover saves based on how much LoS they block.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by ZaranVI View Post
    And another quick one. Does abilities that negates cover saves also negate the save for fireing trough friendly units?
    Yes it does. firing through intervening units still gives the target a cover save, which the weapon promptly ignores!

Note that the most common weapon of this type is the flamer, which would have a hard time shooting through a friendly unit without touching any friendly models. It's certainly not impossible with some smart maneuvering though. Most of the time, however, the flamer will just be at the front of the squad for that unobstructed shot.

The only other weapons I can think of off the top of my head that ignore cover are the Tau AFP, which is a barrage, so it wouldn't shoot through a friendly unit) and the soul seeker ammunition for Dark Eldar, which is extremely rare (DE are rare enough, but one with this almost useless upgrade is probably never going to be seen in the wild).

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Sisters of Battle Immolator with Blessed Ammunition! That's uh... way more common than... DE.. or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can put Blessed ammo on any of the sisters PMSB....which I've only ever done in apoc...so ya um you'll probibly never see it
    For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Krovin-Rezh View Post
    The only other weapons I can think of off the top of my head that ignore cover are the Tau AFP, which is a barrage, so it wouldn't shoot through a friendly unit) and the soul seeker ammunition for Dark Eldar, which is extremely rare (DE are rare enough, but one with this almost useless upgrade is probably never going to be seen in the wild).
    Don't forget the Marines! Sternguard and their Dragonfire bolts are everywhere and definitely potent enough to be noteworthy!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast