Assaulting the same squap twice. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assaulting the same squap twice.

Ok my friends and i are pretty new to the game and we got confused on if you can assault the same squad twice. Now the way we are playing it right now is when you assault a squad it cant be assaulted by another squad that turn. A few of us read the rules a diff way and now its resulting in confusing arguments and lots of random rule book thumping. Ill give an example to clarify our issue.

I have two boyz squads and there is a Tactical squad in assault range of both of them.

A. I assault that tactical squad its locked in combat with that unit and cant be assaulted by another unit until it is no longer locked in combat with the first.

B. I assault that tactical squad with both boyz squads in the same turn and its locked with both of them and can only attack one of them.

C. I assault the tactical squad with the first boy squad in one turn then assault it with the other boyz squad the next turn and lock it in with both squads.

I know this is a confusing question but since we started a new club with all new players at a brand new store with no experienced 40k players around we are forced to take 20min a game almost to debate rules like this. Please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D. You can assualt the 1 tactical squad with as many of your units as you want so long as atleast 1 member can get into base-to-base. They can split attacks between squads if they wish but must follow standard CC rules, ie must be close enough to that squad (whole squad cant attack 1 unit that half the squad cant reach)

Atleast this is what I belive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

Being locked in combat does not prevent a unit from being assaulted.
    It may be the case that a second unit cannot assault because none of the models can get into base to base contact (quite likely if a large unit of orks assault a small unit of marines), but that is not because the unit is already in a combat just that there is no room.

As for allocating attacks in a multiple combat, models can split their attacks freely between any units with which they are engaged (base to base, or close to a squad member in base to base, with enemy).
    Last edited by Corianis; April 4th, 2009 at 12:25.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Just as a small addendum to Corianis' and stwess' excellent answers: if one of the Tactical Squad members is in base contact with only *one* of the two units assaulting his squad, then that specific Marine MUST attack the unit which he is in base contact with and CANNOT contribute his attacks against the second assaulting unit.

Any model who is not in ACTUAL base to base contact (very unlikely in this current case!) may contribute his attacks against whichever enemy unit you choose, following the normal combat rules (2" away from someone in BtB contact).

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x4)

:DIT - DEFUNCT::
    REF: BRB page 41 > Multiple Combats > Attacking
    Last edited by Corianis; April 5th, 2009 at 08:47. Reason: defunct post
    ___

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

If you're in base contact with an enemy, you have to attack that enemy/enemy unit.

Quote Originally Posted by WARHAMMER 40,000 ERRATA & FAQS
    Page 41 – Multiple Combats, Attacking.
    A third bullet point should be added, as follows:
    • Models that at the beginning of the combat
    (before any model attacked) were engaged with
    more than one enemy unit, but were in base
    contact with just one of the enemy units, must
    attack that unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x4)

I stand corrected, and now have another errata. Thanks for the reference.
    ___

+ Reply to Thread