Scatter mishap question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Scatter mishap question

Hi:

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did look around, but I found that if the answer is already here somewhere it's gonna be a needle in a haystack, so here goes:

When units scatter onto something, one rolls on the "mishap" table, as we all know. One of the results simply says the unit goes "back into reserve" as though it never left reserve in the first place.

So here's the problem: What about units that were never in reserve in the first place? What about a Necron Lord with Veil of Darkness teleporting with a unit across the battlefield, or an Ork Weirdboy using "'ere we go!" and doing the same thing with its unit? These guys aren't arriving from reserve, so how can they go "back into reserve?" What happens when this result comes up on the mishap table for them?

Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

They go into reserve and wait for an updated codex to come out.

Every time I've used the VoD (only in friendly games, haven't used it in a tourney), I've just used the old DS rules for it.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

I say they go into reserve. They'll just stay waiting around in the Warp, or out of phase, or stuck in a cloud, or whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

I would agree they are temporarily delayed, and must roll for reserves the next round.
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The VoD says that the Lord et al get placed back together
    anywhere on the tabletop using the Deep Strike rules

The DS rules in 5th Ed state what happens as a result of a particular roll on the Mishap table. Since most units arriving by DS in 5th Ed are actually coming on from Reserve via this method, this is possibly why the phrase "back into reserve" is used in the Mishap table list.

The same problem could feasibly happen with the Marine Librarian's Gate of Infinity power.

I would go with the new rules for DS and apply them to the VoD even though the Lord was not in Reserve originally. If the Lord was then made to go into Reserve, he would have to roll successfully to come on again but could then either move on normally from his table edge or else use the VoD in the normal way.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread