Armour penetration rules HELP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armour penetration rules HELP

A shot gun for example has a line or dash through its AP number thing. And so does some other weapons.
    What does this mean????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

That means those weapons have no Armor Penetration, which means any and all models wounded would get saves. So even your 6+ tyranid gaunts and 6+ ork boyz would get an armor save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats crap

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Perhaps, but a lasgun is also "AP-". Weight of fire can be just as effective as a smaller bunch of weapons with an AP value. The more wounds you can inflict on your enemy the more likely he is to fail a save.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Also, a weapon with AP 4 could as well be AP- against space marines, for example. So it's not that bad.
    And AP- weapons get -1 when they roll on the vehicle damage table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    Also, a weapon with AP 4 could as well be AP- against space marines, for example. So it's not that bad.
    And AP- weapons get -1 when they roll on the vehicle damage table.
    So wait. The way I've been playing it, is when someone shoots at my space marines with a AP 5 weapon, I roll to save still but I just ignore rolls of 5 and 6 and count them as wounds.( I could only save on a 3 and 4)

Am I doing this wrong? Can I take the full save?(3,4,5,6 roll)

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

You are doing it very wrong. Reread the section on armor saves in the rulebook. Armor saves in 40K are all or nothing. If the weapon doesn't have AP3 or better, then the marine saves on 3+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You get the full save my friend .Although, the way you thought before is actually a bit more realistic.But, in terms of rules, you get a 3,4,5,6 save unless the weapon is ap 3, 2 or 1 or ignores armour saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then, this changes everything. I reread that section again, I think it was just the example they gave that got me confused. Thanks a lot guys =]

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

If the AP of a weapon is the same as, or nearer to 1 than, your armour save value, then you don't get an armour save against that wound.

If it is 1 or more nearer 6 than your armour save value, or is "AP-" then you get a save. Any dice roll equal to or nearer 6 than your stated Armour Save means that your armour has protected you from the wounding hit.

Some weapons do not allow any armour saves to be made, but will still allow Invulnerable Saves. These are weapons whose AP value equal or are nearer to 1 than your Armour Save Value. I think there are also some other weapon types which do not permit standard armour saves but which do permit Invulnerable Saves only.

Some do not allow Invulnerable Saves to be made but still allow standard Armour Saves (Daemonhunters Psycannons, for example)

E.
    Last edited by eiglepulper; April 29th, 2009 at 00:21.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast