Disembarking from Skimmers onto ruins? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disembarking from Skimmers onto ruins?

Hey guys.
    In the Cities of Death book it mentions that a skimmer transport can not move to the upper floor of a city ruin and then have troops disembark.
    It does include a stratagem that allows this though.

In the new 5th Edition rulebook, no mention is made of whether or not a transport skimmer can drop off troops at the top level of a city ruin.
    I was wondering what the real, true, tournament rule would be?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

cities of death is an optional set of additional rules. unless the tournament rules say otherwise, you don't use them.

Back to the original question, you can drop troops off wherever you want as long as you don't move flat out, but remember if you end your move over terrain to take a dangerous terrain check.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I believe as long as the vehicle can actually be placed on top of the terrain, then it can land there and the troops may disembark because it needs to set down on the table at the end of its move.

It does need to take dangerous terrain test though, since ruins usually count as difficult or dangerous terrain.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

A skimmer is where it is physically on the table. Whatever level it's at, they will get off into. You cannot just say 'it's flying at the height of level X' if that's not where the model is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can a skimmer pull up beside a building that has two levels and its troops disembark on the second floor?

I am asking because when the skimmer is on its base and is sitting by the building, it seems like a viable option. I am not sure if its against the rules or not. I just thought of it as I was reading this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to say no to disembarking on the second level. A model must disembark within 2" inches of the hatch (which is is walking/running out of). In the ruins section of the book you count each level as 3" of movement which is obviously farther.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivallios View Post
    I would have to say no to disembarking on the second level. A model must disembark within 2" inches of the hatch (which is is walking/running out of). In the ruins section of the book you count each level as 3" of movement which is obviously farther.
    But when the hatch is 3" high due to the Skimmer base, this question comes up.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But when the hatch is 3" high due to the Skimmer base, this question comes up.
    But then you could never land anywhere but the second floor seeing as you are now farther then 2 inches from the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivallios View Post
    But then you could never land anywhere but the second floor seeing as you are now farther then 2 inches from the ground.
    If the top of the disembarked model is still within 2" of the hatch, it is still legally disembarked "to the ground". So its entirely possible to have options.

Remember its not about moving 2", it about being within 2".
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can imagine how a skimmer pulls up by a building and the ramp lowers down so that it forms a bridge to a window allowing the troops to run across into the building onto the second floor.

You could feasibly stick troops on the upper and lower floor of the building in this manner.

I have some Imperial City buildings at home and I will test this out and see how it matches up.

+ Reply to Thread