Kharn +1 Attack - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kharn +1 Attack

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x6)

Kharn +1 Attack

So, I was playing a game a lil while ago, and my opponent said to me that I was giving Kharn to many attacks, I ask "what?" and he continued to explain that Gorechild does not confer +1 attack with the addition to the plasma pistol. In the listing under Gorechild it states that the weapon is treated as a power weapon, making me think "Power weapons can give another attack if with another CCW or Pistol weapon." But my opponent said something along the lines of "It needs to state you get another attack, or you don't get one."

Now, am I correct in thinking that "treated as power weapon" means I can get another attack in? Or was the opponent correct in that he doesn't?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by thenewKhan View Post
    But my opponent said something along the lines of "It needs to state you get another attack, or you don't get one."
    Whether or not you get the +1A, your opponent is reasoning character profiles in reverse. What he should be saying is, "If it says 'included in profile', you do not add it."

Any time that a character has multiple CCWs, and it does not state 'included in profile', you add the appropriate wargear bonus during the game.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

Isn't there a rule that says weapons that confer special rules only give an extra attack if they are used in pairs? So a lightening claw and a plasma pistol would not give an extra attack, but a normal close combat weapon and pp, or two lightening claws would. Without looking at my 'codex I can't remember if gorchild gives special rules or is just a power weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by matus View Post
    Without looking at my 'codex I can't remember if gorchild gives special rules or is just a power weapon.
    Gorechild does indeed have special rules, but you don't treat it as a "special weapon". Its rules tell you to treat it as a power weapon. This means, that besides where noted in its rules, you treat it as a power weapon.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by matus View Post
    Isn't there a rule that says weapons that confer special rules only give an extra attack if they are used in pairs? So a lightening claw and a plasma pistol would not give an extra attack, but a normal close combat weapon and pp, or two lightening claws would. Without looking at my 'codex I can't remember if gorchild gives special rules or is just a power weapon.
    Not quite. Two normal CC weapons give an extra attack. A normal and special CC weapon give an extra attack, unless the special weapon is a power fist, thunder hammer or lightning claw. Two of the same special CC weapon confer an extra attack. But two DIFFERENT special CC weapons don't give an extra attack.

EDIT: A plasma pistol is not listed in the 5th ed. rulebook as being a special CC weapon, so if you have a plasma pistol and any other special CC weapon you gain an extra attack (as long as it's not a power fist, thunder claw or thunder hammer)
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

Pistols count as normal close combat weapons, and his axe is not listed din the "exceptions" under fighting with a normal and a special weapon. So he should get an additional attack.

The only additional attack included in his profile is from the mark of khorn.

Looks like you were doing everything right.
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x6)

Word, ty guys. I figured I was correct, I just wanted some more opinions on the matter before I started playing how someone else said. Haha

+ Reply to Thread