Shooting out of a Transport - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Shooting out of a Transport

I am thinking to play-test some repressors for my sister army, and am wondering if it is legal to shoot any weapon out of hatch or gun-port while vehicle moves at a cruising speed.

And if I am correct: a defensive weapon may always be fired no matter how far the vehicle moves.

Thanks for the replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since infantry units can only move 6 inches and shoot. Moving 12 inches at cruising speed in a vehicle makes them not be able to shoot.
    Traitors dine in heLL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Julnlecs View Post
    Since infantry units can only move 6 inches and shoot. Moving 12 inches at cruising speed in a vehicle makes them not be able to shoot.
    I do not recall any rules stating that weapons may not be fired by the infantry if they move over 6", with the exception of run/fleet, only rules stating that in the movement phase infantry can only move up to 6".

So I would only consider this being a speculation of rules, not anything concrete.

Ive been reading rulebook couple times, but this part seems to escape me.
    States that vehicles cannot shoot any weapons when they move at cruising speed.
    Another one says that defensive weapons may be fired in addition to any other weapons no matter what.
    And that troops carried in the transport if it is moving count as moving for purposes of firing weapons (ie cannot fire heavy weapons nor rapid fire max range).

Just want a clarification, if I am moving 12" in a repressor, do all the models that can legaly fire from fire ports etc get to fire, in addition to defensive weapons on the repressor (sbolter).

Thanks for the reply though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I don't know the page number that inspired this, but as far as my gaming group is concerned if the vehicle can't fire, neither can the squad.

So for non-fast vehicles, you get this:
    No move: All guns on the tank can fire, as can all transported infantry (if there's enough Fire Points)
    <6" move: One S5+ gun, and all S4 or less weapons on the tank can fire, as can any non-heavy weapon equipped infantry.
    >6" move: Nothing can fire, not even defensive weapons.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 66 of the rulebook. Last paragraph under the fire points section. models cannot fire from fire points if the vehicle moves at cruising speed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by vote4pedro View Post
    Page 66 of the rulebook. Last paragraph under the fire points section. models cannot fire from fire points if the vehicle moves at cruising speed.
    got it, thanks, you got my vote pedro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x0)

vote4pedro is correct, so even Dark Eldar in a fast skimmer open-topped raider can't move more than 6 inches and shoot out of their transport. As for defensive weapons, there's a chart under the vehicle shooting section that spells out what your particular variety of vehicle move and shoot. But a Repressor, as a non-fast vehicle, can only move up to six inches and still fire, at cruising speed it can't fire any weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Heh, I was recently told that it's a common tactic around here to do just that, SMs shooting from their fast-moving transports. Of course, I don't allow that.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

+ Reply to Thread