Librarium Online Forums banner

Vehicle Damage Table

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Acarna 
#1 ·
Does the new Vehicle Damage Table mean you can no longer score a 'destroyed' result on a glancing hit as long as the hit isn't from an AP1 weapon or the vehicle is open-topped? I'm just checking to make sure there isn't something I've missed.

I haven't played 5th edition much as I only play with my brother and we usually still play 4th ed for some reason, so I'm still getting used to the changes in rules.

DiW

#8 ·
One more for the pot: P.71 BRB second paragraph of "Shooting at Skimmers" says that a skimmer which moved flat out in its last turn will crash and burn if an Immobilised result is rolled.

E.

#11 ·
Yeah, I've seen people over confident about units that can't penetrate thier armour. I've ot got my rule book here and my memory is not great but I'm pretty sure this is what I saw once.

Someone sat a whirlwind on their flank, not moving just blasting away, pretty confident that he was safe as his tau opponent had no hammerhead/broadides left in a position to threaten. On comes an out flanking kroot squad which charges it. He's not bothered, what can 10 kroot do against a tank, they are hardly an anti tank squad. They charge, 32 atacks, they all auto hit as the tank had not moved, they all hit rear armour automatically. They need 6's to glance, but with 32 dice h rolls a lucky, but not unreasonable seven 6's. a few rolls of 5/6 and the tank goes pop.

I'm pretty sure excess immobilized/weapon destroyed are upgraded to wrecked not explodes, do the assault unit was not even in danger of the fall out

Like crown axe says, one penetrating hit is good, but a whole bucket load of glancing hist can still ruin your day.

now catching those eldar tanks... thats a different matter.

#16 · (Edited)
So you say you can destroy a vehicle with enough glancing hits? Clearly you have never met Mr. Monolith ;)

"Ha, another immbolised result!"

"Fine the Gauss Flux Arcs are firing D6-132 shots instead of D6-131, and I can still use use the power matrix"

And lets not forget the Deathstrike either:

"Alright, in order to launch I need a D6-54"

#17 ·
Ah, the Monolith, toughest tank in WH40K. Only roll 1D6 to penetrate, armor is always considered 14 regardless of special abilities, and you MUST get a penetrating hit to have a chance of destroying it. Even Carnifexes need a 6 to penetrate, and then a 5-6 to destroy. And all that time we can use it to resurrect our necrons, or shoot S9 large plates around. Plus he makes for awesome moving cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.