synapse and psychic tests and extra attacks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

synapse and psychic tests and extra attacks

do tyranid units that are either synapse creatures or inside synapse range need to take a psychic test for warp blast? synapse allows you to automatically pass all leadership based tests, which warp blast is.

question 2, on many of the units the Attacks column have a +1 to represent scything talons, but some of the units that are equipped with talons such as the lictor and raveners dont have that +1 listed on their profile, do i need to add it in for them or is it already figured in?

example:
    ravener 1 has A3, and has the option for 2 pairs of talons. would that upgrade take it to A5? or it is assumed that one of the talon options is already figured in?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought psychic tests were separate from leadership tests.....it just USES your leadership value as a function of the test.

Psychic tests are their own mechanic so no they don't automatically pass...how would one account for the perils of the warp without a roll?
    For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

R3con is right that it's only morale tests you don't need to worry about with synapse creatures nearby, but my regular 'nid opponent claims you don't need to roll for some psychic powers anyway.

Thinking about it, next time I'll ask him to show me where it says that...
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

Yes, tyranids within synapse or are synapse creates still must pass the psychic test inorder to use psychic shooting attacks. (or any other psychic power that require a psychic roll.)

Only those that specifically mention that the attacks are included in the profile, are included. For your ravener example, each pair of scything talons would increase +1A, to the base profile.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Fearless models pass morale and pinning tests (and according to the tyranid FAQ instinctive behaviour as well).

If it isn't one of the above, fearless models still have to test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fun fact most people don't realize is that a creature with synapse is a psycher....meaning that things like the psycic-xbow work on them......
    For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    R3con is right that it's only morale tests you don't need to worry about with synapse creatures nearby, but my regular 'nid opponent claims you don't need to roll for some psychic powers anyway.

Thinking about it, next time I'll ask him to show me where it says that...
    The Zoanthrope does have two different shots, one that requires a test and one that doesn't. That may be where the confusion is. It has nothing to do with synapse.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    R3con is right that it's only morale tests you don't need to worry about with synapse creatures nearby
    It's 'automatically pass any Leadership-based test', other than psychic tests and the now defunct target selection tests - Page 28.

It came up a little while back in the witch hunters forum - with synapse creatures having immunity to the 'Hammer of the Witches' power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    The Zoanthrope does have two different shots, one that requires a test and one that doesn't. That may be where the confusion is. It has nothing to do with synapse.
    InquisitorAffe is absolutely right. It states in the nid dex under 'hive mind powers' that hive mind powers do not require a psychic test to use unless stated. It is stated under warp bolt that only the focused bolt or the S10 Ap1 assault 1 shot requires a psychic test. Note that this is a psychic test not a leadship test, and is therefor not automatically passed. But, using the zoanthrope Ld of 10 (or tyrants) you've got a pretty good chance of passing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    It's 'automatically pass any Leadership-based test', other than psychic tests and the now defunct target selection tests - Page 28.

It came up a little while back in the witch hunters forum - with synapse creatures having immunity to the 'Hammer of the Witches' power.
    Well at least they still suffer from the combat resolution like Fearless units do
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast