Storm Sheilds - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storm Sheilds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Storm Sheilds

This is a topic that came up a while in the DH section a while ago but I just wanted the wider LO community to look at this.

With 5th ed its is now 2 single handed weapons instead off the previous 2 close combat weapons correct? From that logic then the DH SS has this entry:

'Although a storm shield is not a weapon as such, it counts as a single-handed weapon because nothing else can be used by the arm holding the shield.'

Now of course the rules for a storm shield was to prevent equipping an additional cc weapon to prevent the +1 attack but in the last Smurf Codex it said that it could not ever give the +1 if equipped but it does not here. I do know I'm pointing out codex creep here but if I can pay 10pts instead of 40pts for exactly the same thing (power weapon and Icon of the just) then why not push my luck? +1 attack and a 4++ save for 10pts? Bargain

To go along with our Smoke Launchers, Hurricane Bolters, Force Weapons and Bionics that behave not quite as intended

PL

Last edited by Pheonix Lord; June 6th, 2009 at 19:21.
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Ah ha! Thank you!

I knew I'd seen it before but didn't know it was posted here. That was an intense thread eh! Fair do's then, my NFW/SS GKGM will just be for fun then.

Ignore this thread now please.

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

+ Reply to Thread