Run! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Run!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Run!

hey everybody. i was hanging out with my cousin today getting some work done on our armies together, and during a discussion about my newly built Tyranid Carnifex an interesting question came up. We were talking about how the Carnifex was probably going to be the last unit in my army to reach the front line, since they dont have fleet/wings/leaping like most of the other units in my army... but i started to wonder can a Carnifex run in the shooting phase like a regular infantry soldier could, or is he stuck crawling along at 6" max per turn?

Then i started to wonder if the Dreadnoughts in my Space Marine army could also run in the shooting phase. the 'RUN!' rule on pg. 16 of the 5th Ed. Rulebook doesnt specify which units may or may not run... and the Walker section in the Rulebook states that walkers move "...in exactly the same way as infantry" (pg. 72 5th Ed. Rules)

To shorten this a bit, im hoping someonce can clarify if the 'RUN!' rule in the Main Rule Book is limited to soldiers on foot, or if Monstrous Creatures and Walkers can also use the 'RUN!' rule.

thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Both your walkers and Carnifex have the ability to run. 'Run' is something that everything has unless otherwise specified. examples include bikes and artillery that say they may not run in the shooting phase.
    Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

As far as I know, yes. Except where described otherwise (such as MC's having Move Through Cover), they behave in movement exactly as infantry do. Infantry can Run!, so can they. Of course, they give up their shooting and ability to assault as a trade off. In fact (page 72) it specifically says walkers can run, in the "Walkers Shooting" section
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah jeez, i guess i should have read the whole Walker section in the rules

thanks for clearing that up guys, i dont know why i had it in my head that only foot troops could run.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

In general everything uses the standard rules for infantry unless it specifically states otherwise.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread