Tournament legal? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tournament legal?

Hi,

Im soon to be entering a tournament, for this i plan on getting a Space Marine Ironclad Dreadnought. how ever i think that the forge world models are better looking than the standard ironclad i have seen.

I was woundering would it be allowed in a offical tournament playing by extremeley strict rules, to allow me to play using the Black Templar Dreadnought from Forgeworld - with weapons which would normal come with the Ironclad ?

AND ontop of this, My army is Raven Guard, it seems to from teh pictures that the Black Templar Drednought would look ok Raven themed, however if this isnt allowed or if anyone has any other suggestions for a Raven Themed Dreadnought (also liked the look of the Chaplain version, but feel this may have come with some scriptures on it ) then please let me know.

Kind Regards

I'm Batman

W1 / L1 / D1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may be forced to only use models which have exactly the wargear on it you use.
    For example, you may not use a Predator with Lascannons modelled on it, counting as Autocannon and Heavy Bolter.
    But I don't see a reason why you couldn't use other models than the Gamesworkshop ones, if they have the wargear you pay for on it. At least they bring a little variation into play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed it would be the Hammer, the other CCWeapons and the add on melta guna and bolter i believe, these would be indicated on the model.

just worried ill build a list around this then be told im not allowed it, think i will come up with a back up list just in case, thanks for all your help.
    I'm Batman

W1 / L1 / D1

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

It's a GW model and it has the right weapons & equipment on it, what could anyone complain about?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

just make sure your opponent knows that its an ironclad dreadnaught before the game starts or when it comes on the board or whatever it does to avoid you getting into any arguments about it midgame
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

If youre not using it as any other unit type (IE a BT dreadnaught for an Ironclad AND a Venerable) it is tourney legal. And really who would complain about this? They must really have a stick up some orifice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

194 (x7)

Yeah, it'd be fine as long as it had all the right weapons on it, Forgeworld is part of GW so it's still a GW model and you're not using the IA rules for it, so there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to use it. If you find a tourney that doesn't let you, the organisers are really tight.

~ DiW

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

Most tournaments, as long as it is very clear what is what, you should be fine.

Some tournaments will take it a step further and as long as it can be easily clarified, you're fine.

That is to say, that if you have two identical forgeworld dreads with the same equipment on them and you tell the guy one is an ironclad and one isn't, that's not cool at all. But if you have a clearly unique model and the weapons are very close or identical to what's equipped on the model, and you tell your opponent what it is pre-game, very few tournament organizers will give you pewp about it. I know I wouldn't.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you serious? In a gw tourny you have to have it modeled to exactly what weapons are on it? That is a load of crap. Can anyone tell me what a conversion beamer looks like? I dont think so. gw can cram it if they that tight. There is no way i would pay 100 bucks to replace 10 terminators with stormbolters and pfists, for 10 assault terms.

IMHO, i think only the bases and a marking should indicate different weapons. It shouldnt have to be the exact weapon.

Going with my counts as rule from space marines~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gw's business model requires WYSIWYG - it sells more product.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast