Skyshield Landing Pad Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skyshield Landing Pad Rules

So, it seems that the landing pad isn't a building, per se, which seems to imply that as many units as can fit can be up there. However, I am wondering exactly how units outside the pad assaulting units inside the pad might work. It seems that flying or jumping assaulters can simply move directly onto the pad, but for everyone else, can they move onto the pad via the hatches when another unit is on it? If so, what if there are models physically blocking all four hatches? Alternatively, do they first have to attack and destroy the pad itself?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I would just class it as a hill. You are right that it is not a building therefore cannot be destroyed and can hold many units. Just class it as a dificult terrain test to get up there in assault. You could say your require a 4" or more move to get up there.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rules actually specify that it can, in fact, be fired at and destroyed (see the Planetstrike book for details), and it also specifies that units must make a difficult terrain check and roll at least a 3 to move onto it. The book doesn't, however, say anything about assaulting onto it, and that's where my questions are. For now, I'm going to assume that all assaulters must always use the ladders and hatches to assault (meaning beasts/cavalry can't assault at all), but that they can, in fact, assault through the hatches when the pad is occupied.

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

In the standard rules, treating the assault move through difficult terrain would then probably be your best course of action.

I'm hopefully getting my copy of Planetstrike today if the shop still has some. Not sure if there are more specific rules that apply to the landing pad or not.

+ Reply to Thread