Army Appearance Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army Appearance Rules

I plan to paint my army in the style of the army men that you buy in those bags of 20 for $1 with the greens, tans, and the brown-green middleground. I plan to accentuate the features of the model, so there will be no lack of detailing. If my models are mostly monocolor, can they be used in tournament-style play, or do they have to be intricately detailed? Any help in this matter is appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Hi and welcome to the boards.

There is no legal reason apart from individual tournaments rulings on things like “must have at least 3 colours on each model,” why you couldn’t play models that way.

So if you use green, tan, brown – green (?) and I assume a primer that makes three colours but it would be kinda boring I am afraid to say.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

Maybe a little boring (and more boring to paint) however I think en mass they will look good. They will definitely portrait the look and feeling that you want. So if you want tornament legal for most tournaments just use a variety of shades of brown for your tan ones, Gren for gren ones and so on. Added to this if you do the whole army like this most tournaments will look upon you graciously as you are trying to do someting with them and having a common theme, it will add to their tournament and make it memorable.

Just try to do each squad in similar colours as this will make it easier for you later when playing.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

i feel like depending on how presuasive you are as long as you retain your enthusiasm for your chosen scheme, a judge would have a hard time denying you playing it

lest they'll be a jerk!

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

folks may question the sanity of painting a $4 model to look like a 5 cent model, but 3 colors and flocked is the standard for every tournament I have ever heard of

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

I hope that you mean to flock the base here and not the model because a good tar and feathering spring to mind in the most horrible way!
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

For some reason this reminds me of the first unit I ever painted. When I heard they needed to have flocked bases, and that was basically just modeling sand on glue on a base, I went and bought fine grain sugar sand and elmer's spray glue.

The resultant goopy sticky fuzzy mess was ... suffice to say, horrid.

If THAT is allowed at tourneys, a tricolor camo scheme should be fine :p
    Most tournaments even consider a "wash" a color these days.

Basically just make sure you pull out some of the details and what-not, you'll be fine.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

381 (x8)

I wouldn't know anybody who would do such a thing as procrastinate painting a new unit for a tournament until the night before and resort to priming them white then dropping three different color washes on different areas......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion, just paint it however you want, youll always find 3 colors in there some where.

And the only tournaments that actiully bother about paint jobs usually are just the stupid Stuck up GW tournaments.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

To be deadly honest I think that you play better when both forces are painted well and it would be very hard to distinguish differing models with just the same 3 colours.

So although its not the way I would paint my army, you may find a way get the most out of such a limited pallet.

Goodluck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast