Moving around in a bastion count as moving? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving around in a bastion count as moving?

Hi,

I'm not able to find any rules about moving in buildings/ bastions so if there are any, could you point me to the right page.

Which raises the question, does moving around in a bastion count as moving? I was thinking it wouldn't as once inside a bastion, infantry are treated as inside a vehicle so should be able to move around inside without penalty. The fact that they are able to get to the top of the bation straight away also indicates there is no movement penalty so wouldn't count as moving.

Anyone else agree?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking01 View Post
    Hi,

I'm not able to find any rules about moving in buildings/ bastions so if there are any, could you point me to the right page.

Which raises the question, does moving around in a bastion count as moving? I was thinking it wouldn't as once inside a bastion, infantry are treated as inside a vehicle so should be able to move around inside without penalty. The fact that they are able to get to the top of the bation straight away also indicates there is no movement penalty so wouldn't count as moving.

Anyone else agree?
    Buildings or Bastions use the rules for transports that cannot move [page 78] and there are no rules about moving around inside of a vehicle because troops are no longer on the table [page 79.]

So you don’t move around inside a Bastion at all – you are simply allowed to perform actions from certain areas and I agree with your conclusions.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

the exception are multisection buildings like the fortress where moving from one section to another = moving
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by niraco View Post
    the exception are multisection buildings like the fortress where moving from one section to another = moving
    So how would you move from one section to the other here?
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x3)

most of them have walls between the two structures. You'd exit a door, and walk across the wall to the next place. or if there is no wall, I would houserule it depending how far apart the structures are. 12 inches, 1 turn, as they are behind the walls, they don't need to look out for things trying to shoot them.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

I can see how you would disembark from a discreet building in one turn and then embark into another the next turn but what I haven’t seen done yet is moving around “multi-section buildings like a fortress,” where there is no visible means of leaving one section for another.

This implies that no disembarking or embarking is done and that movement is accomplished within that same structure.

It would lead to things like embarking on the west side huge warehouse and then using a fire point 24” away on the east of it straight away.

Hence me asking, and I have not read Planet Strike yet - this may have some further help on the matter.

Thanks.

P.S. There are 'suggestions' on page 80 though in the box entitled "Use your Imagination" though.
    Last edited by Wicky; August 3rd, 2009 at 10:16.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

example - Left bastion door bunker right bastion. there is a fortress somewhere on GW with the door counting as a av 14 bunker with fireports and 2 bastions on each side of the door.

there are many posibilities how you make a building also with modular sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    This implies that no disembarking or embarking is done and that movement is accomplished within that same structure.

It would lead to things like embarking on the west side huge warehouse and then using a fire point 24” away on the east of it straight away.
    no, would not as embarking = movement phase. moving from a section to another section = anotehr movement phase ( in a new turn).
    Last edited by niraco; August 3rd, 2009 at 11:37.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I presume this is not an issue when moving between different floors of a bastion?

Just to play devil's advocate, I have a five story.. yep, 5 story bastion.... is there any time/turn issue from entering it's ground-floor door to shooting from it's roof?

Thanks!
    ~R

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by RobinD View Post
    I presume this is not an issue when moving between different floors of a bastion?

Just to play devil's advocate, I have a five story.. yep, 5 story bastion.... is there any time/turn issue from entering it's ground-floor door to shooting from it's roof?

Thanks!
    ~R
    Not unless your Bastion has moved at cruising speed!

But seriously unless it’s something like using heavy weapons that turn or suffering a ‘crew shaken or stunned’ result there is no issue embarking and then firing from the roof. Check out the rules for Parapets on page 80.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

126 (x4)

I'd like to point out the rules for the Indomitable Fortress on pg 20 of the planetstrike book. It says you can move between different sections of the fortress (essentially each section is a bunker/bastion) in a single movement phase.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast