Raven guard - rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raven guard - rules

Hi,

Ive been reading up on have begun collecting a Space Marine - Raven Guard Chapter Army.

Ive tried to use the 5th edition rules and army formation / selection as much as possible due to it being fluffy, however i have come across something id like some help with.

One of the special Charicters / Captains Kayvaan Shrike has teh special rule of Chapter Tactics. Ive read before on other forums some rules i have not been able to mfind in the 5th edition rule book + 5th edition Space Marine Codex concering Special Raven Guard Rules.

I understand that Dark Angels and Blood Angels ( i think ) have there own Codexs, i was curious as to where these Raven Guard rules can be found, and if they are applicable to the 5th edition rule set?

Any information or guidance in the right direction will be a huge help and greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

I'm Batman

W1 / L1 / D1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

At the moment, the only way to get Raven Guard "official rules" is to take Shrike in your army.

As you have probably already deduced from reading the Space Marine Codex, all this does is swap out Combat Tactics on all your marines for Fleet.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

At this juncture I'd like to point out that it is not "necessary" to take shrike for a Raven guard army. If you take Shrike it is just a Shrike lead raven guard army. Small distinction I know, however I just don't want anyone running off with the idea that there is any must seeing as by fluff raven guard are very similar to most other marine armies except they have a slightly different Chapter make up as I believe.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

+ Reply to Thread