Khorsarro question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

Khorsarro question

Hi,
    Thanks for the help in the following question:

Only the units in transport can outflank in a list where the Khan is taken as a HQ or the bikers as well? The codex entry is not perfectly clear to me...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I believe you can outflank with a land raider if im not mistaken.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

His rules state that *all* units in the army can use the Outflank rule. The point about specifying that dedicated transports can also do this is probably because, under normal rules, the unit for whom the transport was bought would enable it to Outflank as long as the unit began the game embarked on it. In the Kor'Sarro lists, this requirement would appear to have been waived.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    His rules state that *all* units in the army can use the Outflank rule. The point about specifying that dedicated transports can also do this is probably because, under normal rules, the unit for whom the transport was bought would enable it to Outflank as long as the unit began the game embarked on it. In the Kor'Sarro lists, this requirement would appear to have been waived.

E.
    Thanks for the reply, I can beleive that is the reason why the transport mentioned. Sounds logic. Yes, the embarked units seems fluffy as the old white scars could not use anything on foot and devastators. So the bikes can come from side, that is a great tactical option!
    Last edited by Kaptin Elwazz; August 20th, 2009 at 13:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

Doesn’t it say that they replace their chapter tactics with the outflank rule.
    So any unit that has "chapter tactics" now has outflank. Any dedicated transport that is being used with a squad that can outflank can also outflank.
    So a land raider bought as a transport for a terminator squad can outflank, but a land raider bought as a heavy support choice cannot be used to outflank.
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

98 (x1)

Isitused is correct actually.

Khans states that you are replacing Combat Tactics with Khans Chapter Tactics, which provides you with the Outflank rule. It then goes on to state that units with transports may also have the transports outflank. This means that you cannot outflank a vindicator, or outflank a land speeder, or a dreadnought for that matter. All things without Combat Tactics to begin with cannot outflank unless their rules allow them too anyways.

Vulkan's rules are the only ones that EVERYONE benefits from. The difference with Vulkan is it states that you remove Combat Tactics and everyone in the army, in the army being the key word i guess, benefits from his rules.
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x2)

Thank You for the answer!

I don`t think that a vindicator meant to outflank, it is good enough without this rule.

What is important, the bikes, as they can be a very good lightning attack force from the sides. Better than Tactical squads, because they can move+shoot+assault at the same turn, but the tactical squad can not assault on the same turn when disembarked.
    That confused me: any squad can outflank in dedicated transport, but it did not say a thing bout bikes. I guessed they do so because the bikes has the combat tactics that they can exchange for the outflank special rule. That`s how I figured, but I was not sure...

I plan to use Khan+command squad and a bike squad with an attack bike (loads of meltas) to outflank and pop the tanks from side/rear. I have 66% that they will come from the side where I want to, multiply by two The bikes are expensive enough to keep them in reserve and bring them in as they meant to be: Fast.
    Last edited by Kaptin Elwazz; August 22nd, 2009 at 12:19.

+ Reply to Thread