Legality of Base Sizes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Legality of Base Sizes

I had a question about base sizes. In 4th Ed the Rules said you could go bigger but not smaller than the standard base supplied with the model. The current rules don't say anything, only that it has to be okay with your opponent.

Has anyone had experience putting a model on a smaller base than usual in a tournament? I was planning to do this for a conversion but don't want to appear to be cheating.

Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Well, it does actually state specifically in the rules that 'a model must be used with the base it was supplied with'. Obviously, this has loopholes, like Terminators for example where a lot of people (me included) still have the old metal Terminators where they came on 25mm bases and now they're on 40mm bases. But this is not a problem since the 25mm bases are the bases they were supplied with. In a tournament, people might have an issue with it, but in friendly games using non-standard base sizes is - within reason - usually acceptable, providing you're not putting an entire army on 40mm bases just so they can get into combat with more things. If people are refusing to play you because you have a single special character on a non-standard base, they're probably not worth playing anyway.

~ DiW

Closed Thread