Skimmer Base Issues - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Skimmer Base Issues

I searched a few threads but none had the particular question I'm after.

Skimmer bases must be on the models except if they get Immobilized or Destroyed, than you can take them off, unless you have Landing Gear etc.

What do you guys do about skimmers that don't have a flying base? Maybe the owner doesn't own one because they didn't make a difference last edition as much, or maybe it broke or w/e.

It seems like you'd have to physically hold the model a few inches above where it's laying so you can see if it's in true LoS or not. Does anyone have experience with this situation? Or if I missed the archived thread on it, post a link and my apologies for not searching hard enough.

Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

To be honnest, at my store we do not penalize people who do not have a flying stand for their skimmers, however the rules do. Yes, you need to have a flying base because if you do not, your tank is on the ground, and is blocking line of sight to people behind it. If it was on a flying base, you can see through the flying base hense you have LoS thought the tank, however it does not provide you cover for behind behind it.

So it shouldn't matter that much to your opponent, but just remember you shouldnt be able to fire through it if you don't.
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Well there's also the issue of LoS. If it's behind a building on the ground, maybe you can't see it but on a base you could, that's an advantage you shouldn't have. Hence why true LoS kind of makes it a bigger deal that it should be.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe if the skimmer bases didnt suck, people would use them lmao.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Q. What do you guys do about skimmers that don't have a flying base?

A. You play it as though they have.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically the only thing 40k rulebook doesnt say is how long or short the base can be. They just say you need the base. So Technically, you could model all your flyers with a 1cm tall base, and that would be legit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenedar View Post
    Basically the only thing 40k rulebook doesnt say is how long or short the base can be. They just say you need the base. So Technically, you could model all your flyers with a 1cm tall base, and that would be legit.
    The rules say that you use what is supplied, so are you saying that you were indeed supplied with a 1cm tall flying stand?
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    The rules say that you use what is supplied, so are you saying that you were indeed supplied with a 1cm tall flying stand?

It was supplied with a 6 cm stand that was cut down to 1 cm...

You had to see that coming Wicky..!!
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine come with different height stands, I mean they are flying objects, what is to say where they are flying at?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenedar View Post
    Mine come with different height stands, I mean they are flying objects, what is to say where they are flying at?
    I don't actually own any flying models (for 40K, at least), so I'm not completely familiar with this, but I was under the impression that a given model came with a single base of a particular height. Which models come with multiple base heights?
    Put the box on the table by the window in the kitchen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast