2 Questions: FNP and tank shocking - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

2 Questions: FNP and tank shocking

Two situations happened recently in games that I played, and I'd like to get your opinions.

Let's say I fired a Manticore and hit a unit of plaguebearers (I actually fired a Medusa, but we were 'discussing' about this until I remembered the Medusa shot was AP2). Now the Manticore is S10 AP4 and plaguebearers are T5 with Feel No Pain and Eternal Warriors. Technically, the shot still causes Instant Death being double their toughness, but because they have Eternal Warrior, they are immune to it. Would he still get to use his FNP save in this situation?

I had a Land Raider and I tank shocked a unit of infantry. At the end of my tank shock, I pivoted my LR and then disembarked my grey knights to get a better shot. He said I couldn't do that, and because I was pressed for time, I un-pivoted my LR, disembarked my knights, and only about 66% of them shot.

Now I was under the impression that when you tank shock, you have to go straight and cannot change directions while moving. But at the end of your TS, you can pivot as vehicles are normally able to pivot after they move. That is the default rule for vehicles, so unless TS says you can't pivot after the move, I believe that you still can. What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Plaguebearers do NOT get their FNP save. Checking the rules for the USR, it actually mentions that it is voided by weapons double their toughness, even if they have eternal warrior.

You must declare that your tank is making a special tank shock move INSTEAD of a normal move. Thus it is subject only to the rules for tank shock and not of normal movement rules. This lasts for the entirety of the move, so you do not revert back to normal movement after the tank shock is over.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

+ Reply to Thread