Need To Find Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the language on the title but it is just one of those things

Some people at a club I go to are really starting to annoy me as they are all intentially disregarding the rules / updates that come out, and I just want to sort some stuff out. Could you please tell me if I'm correct or not and if I am well where do I find the rules so that I can show the people to stop them from cheating.

1. Models ( specifically large ones, ie Avatar, demonprinces, Tau suits) cannot be screened by models less than half their height. I read this somewhere and in the WD it says stuff about screening Tau Battle suits with firewarriors and Necron Destroyers with warriors, and how they have to be at least half their height to screen them.

2. Demonic stuff is fearless. ie Chaos lords with demonic stature orwith 51 (or so) points of demonic gifts.

Thats all I can (or want) to remember.

Anyway...

Thanks!

How victory may be produced for them out of the enemy's
    own tactics--that is what the multitude cannot comprehend.

-Sun Tzu

"Quantity has a Quality of it's own"

-Josef Stalin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

1) In two weeks, this will not matter any more. The whole 1/2 height thing is cleared up in the new 40k rulebook. If I remember clearly: If a model is on a bigger base than the models behind it, then it can block LOS. However, if something on a larger base is behind a model on a smaller base, then they cannot block LOS.

2) Yes, daemonic stature means that the model becomes a daemon and confers all daemonic abilities.

Sounds like the people you are playing with are a bunch of goobs. I would either find another store or just show up with the rules in your hand.

m0z
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the new 4th Ed rules nothing blocks line of sight now apart from vehicles and terrain. You shoot at any unit on the battlefield as long as its in range, but if it is not the nearest enemy unit then you must take a leadership test. Pass this and you can shoot that unit.

this may help but may also confuse you more. The new rule book is out on Saturday in the UK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, when did daemonic models become fearless? They still take instability checks, don't they? (Greater daemons being the exception, as they are said to be fearless in their special rules.)

thank you and good night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon princes aren't naturally fearless, but ones with the four marks are. Yes, a undivided lord would most likely not run, but you never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well a fun fluffy way of looking at it is, an unmarked Chaos Lord will see it fit to retreat in certain situations. While a Chaos lord with that many marks is so corrupt and daemonic etc, that it is just a bloodthirsty animal, so will just keep fighting regardless of how low its chance of survival is. That's just how i viewed this little rule...
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that!

Now all I need is where does it say that small stuff can't block LOS to the bigger stuff as even now one of the guys doesn't believe me. And sez that they don't use any updated rules although most of them use some of the the rules and "accidently" disregard the other ones that go against their tactics or strategy.

-Sun Tzu

-Josef Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The enemy models blocking LOS is on page 45 of the rulebook. No updates, basic core rule. It talks about twice the height in the very last paragraph.

The part about having more that 50 points of demonic gifts is pn page 22 of the Chaos codex, it only says they can claim to be a demonic prince and should be modelled appropriately.

Nothing about fearless for the 50+ points or in Demonic stature. I don't recall anything saying demonic stuff is automatically fearless. It needs to say it is fearless under the entry or for the gift.

As for the poeple that choose to "ignore" rules updates, they are in the wrong. The rules are official and apply. Unfortunately your only choice is to tell them to use the rules or you won't play them. The good thing is the new book will have all the rules in one place, at least for a little while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Currently there are absolutely ZERO rules about Monstrous creatures *except* that they have 2d6 armor penetration and ignore armor saves.

The avatar can be screen because he is an INDEPENDENT CHARACTER and thus is awarded all benefits of that. The key here is that every other monstrous creature has a specific rule which allows them to choose as a target regardless of being an Ind. Character or not. Avatar is the only such model I can think of that can be screen and is a monstrous creature, its easy to get confused

Since even if you are 10000 feet tall, if you're an independent character you cannot be targetted if near another unit (yes im paraphrasing the rules because i assume people know them)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what if he is an independant character, that only applies if he is in combat. He is just to large... It's either he can't be screened or that he can but then it doen't make sense.

Because by using your logic I can have my Hive tyrant join a unit of gaunts and make my opponent shoot the gaunt UNIT instead of the hive tyrant as he is an independant character and has "joined" the unit. This dosen't interfere with the STBO rules as the rules state that LOS to "units" are not blocked therefore if the Hive Tyrant has joined the unit he can't be shot as he is an independant character and has joined the unit.

However since he (like the Avatar) is too large he is unable to be screened, by hordes of little dudes.

-Sun Tzu

-Josef Stalin

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast