Do spells drift? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do spells drift?

I have been playing with my brother and friends for a year or so and we have a pretty good grasp of the rules. We agree on all points but one. That spells and things that say large blast drift. I say that that is only ordnance but then they say small ones scatter but i think it is ridiculous. The other day they made me scatter for a demolition charge! it scattered 2d6....... I MEAN COME ONNNNN. so if someone could please clarify this for me it would be great. I am looking forward to rubbing it in their face.. Oh i mean telling them i was right in a polite and well mannered way.

I know you may find the Tyranids physically repellent to look at but believe me, you don't want to let them out of your sight.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateGork View Post
    I have been playing with my brother and friends for a year or so and we have a pretty good grasp of the rules. We agree on all points but one. That spells and things that say large blast drift. I say that that is only ordnance but then they say small ones scatter but i think it is ridiculous. The other day they made me scatter for a demolition charge! it scattered 2d6....... I MEAN COME ONNNNN. so if someone could please clarify this for me it would be great. I am looking forward to rubbing it in their face.. Oh i mean telling them i was right in a polite and well mannered way.

sorry to dissapoint you.in 5th ed all blast weapons scatters, so they had right. you had to roll scatter for your demolition charges unless it states in your codex that they dont.

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateGork View Post
    I MEAN COME ONNNNN
    Watching too much South Park?

Your brother and Doomlord are correct. The procedure is explained on page 29 of the main rulebook and all weapons or shooting equivalent powers with a blast follow those rules (unless specifically stated otherwise).
    [If demolition charges weren't such a gamble they would be too mighty anyhow. Easy to blow oneself up, but actually not too likely. If you care about scattering odds back onto your own squad drop me a note.]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

It used to be that most blasts did not scatter, but they had to roll a 4+ to hit any models partially under the marker. The scatter allows blasts to be more powerful weapons because they no longer have to roll for those partials. It's a good trade-off really.

Also, don't forget that you reduce the scatter by the BS of the shooter in most cases.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Moreover you don't roll to hit for blast weapons anymore. That, actually, is the biggest boon.
    (Especially for ordnance. Instead of Imperial Guard Space-Marine-Killing pie plates missing half the time and scattering far on the other half, they now auto-hit and if they scatter they do so even less than before... ouch.)

+ Reply to Thread