First Turn Charges from a Valkyrie are Illegal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

First Turn Charges from a Valkyrie are Illegal

I guess its more of a question in statement form, alot of people in the Guard army list section seem to be encouraging people to put thinks like grey knights and veterans in Valkyries/Vendettas and using the scout move to bring the squad up to the enemy and then charge if they have the first turn.

This struck me as strange considering that, on page 76 of the BRB it says that scout moves must remain MORE than 12'' away from all enemy units. I wanted to dispell this once and for all and/or hear your counter-arguments.

Cheers,

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know, you can still get a charge being 12" away. When moving out of a transport you get to move 2" away from the transport then your 6" move, effectivly making your first movement after the scout move 8". You would then be roughly 4" away and well within assault range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

nice argument.. it says you need to be within 2'' of an access point.. so one would need to scout move 13 inches away from a target, disembark to 11'' away from the target and then move 6 and charge 6.. interesting argument.. ill see what everyone at my local GW thinks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Reality it right. As long as a portion of all models' bases are within 2" a first turn charge is possible. That should easily put them within 10".

It's no argument, it's fact .

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread